New member in Tuxedo Park, NY

fishytuxedo

Hi all, I'm Yianni. 

I'm a collector of things and recently started with watches. I've had an interest in watches for years, something about them always spoke to me and now thanks to eBay and the power of the web I've been buying ones I consider interesting. None are significant horologically, most have been quartz models with interesting complications, some are automatics, I usually like to customize them by changing the bands and getting a different look. I've bought a few non-working watches and brought them back from the dead, thus far its just been replacing damaged movements, new bands or bracelets, on a couple I was able to swap dials and cases to get some cool Frankenstein customs. What's been great fuel for my hobby is that I've been selling off some of the watches I acquired for a tidy profit thus letting me level up, so to speak, to my newest to me watch, an Omega Constellation Chronograph. I think its a cool watch anyway, hybrid, quartz movement with mechanical chrono, purchased just shy of 4 figures so I was very pleased (even if the chrono always stops around 11'58"28sec).  

Anyway I'm here to hopefully get some guidance on repairing a vintage Bulova Sea King, its my first foray into automatic (read REAL) watch repair.