Pallet Fork Knocking The Bridge

Hi, was wondering if someone could help me. I have started to learn to service mainly Omega manual and automatic watches. I have serviced around 4 now and starting to get a feel for the basics (also passes level 1,2 and 3 along with a few level 4 videos) . However, i have an issue with a 564 calibre movement. The watch was working well until i laid my hands on it! i placed the pallet fork bridge onto of the pallet fork, however the fork is now hitting the bridge. I can see that both of the top and bottom pinions are fitted still. The jewel hole pivot doesn't seem to of been enlarged. Can anyone kindly advise please? 

I'm not sure if i understand the problem right but the only way the pallet fork can hit the pallet bridge is if some of the pivots broke off, the fork isnt in the jewels, the jewels are gone or bad or one or two banking pins broke off.
Image3.thumb.jpg.cc0572b4d9ef6676c80ff92d4847681e.jpg

Edited by HSL
  • Like 1

Just to make sure, you can see that both upper and lower pivots of the fork arbour are inside jewel holes, in which case the frok should jump from side to side, or dose the fork hit on the mainplate. If all is installed properly and fork still hit the banking pins, pallet must have moved somewhat outward in fork slots, shellac may have been lost during cleaning, or the fork is badly bent. Can you check the side shake on fork arbour, careful pivots break easy, you will find how easy once you break one. As said more data is needed.

From the few pictures I can find on the web, it honestly looks as if this movement does not rely on traditional banking pins. It looks as if the jeweled pivot is cut into a recess in the bridge so that the pallet rides up into the bridge itself. There is semicircular cutout that looks to perform the function of the banking pins. This is all conjecture without having one in hand or clear closeup photos. Check the bridge below for reference. The assembled movement is a screenshot, sorry it's out of focus, but hopefully you get the idea of my theory from these photos.

1218756464_s-l500(2).jpg.cf2e78ee6320566551ab41bd966e8144.jpg

20200421_075937.jpg.25d90278af45b28cf6a948d672c0be3d.jpg

Edited by FLwatchguy73

1 hour ago, FLwatchguy73 said:

Finally found a pic of the bridge upside down, Now you can clearly see the cutaway and logically the points within the semicircular cutout that could perform the same function as banking pins.

Sometimes one read to fast and this pop into my mind too (when i read the question again) .. Here is one GPRS royalty free picture of it from me too..

IMG_20200421_175140.thumb.jpg.a7352c7e14160be1b0d884a89bd1155a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1