It takes a bit of practise but once you get the technique it's a real time saver.

It also sorts out out of parallel, out of beat, and out of poise issues as well.

It is a little trickier on overcoil springs but it just takes a bit of practise.

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

4 hours ago, Marc said:

It takes a bit of practise but once you get the technique it's a real time saver.

It also sorts out out of parallel, out of beat, and out of poise issues as well.

It is a little trickier on overcoil springs but it just takes a bit of practise.

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Out come the hairspring spares, that's a technique that can be very useful if mastered. Never know I might even end up with enough scrap metal to cash in :Dand buy some new hairsprings

Edited by Graziano

I can't believe that garbage is still on YouTube. What makes it worse is that there's no effort made to declare it as some kind of 'joke'.

It ranks alongside the idiots who told people that microwaving your phone charges the battery.

Yes. Common sense tells you it simply wouldn't work but there are many who would take it at face value.

Ones things for certain.

Try this and you'll never have to worry about that particular hairspring again.

2 minutes ago, m1ks said:

What makes it worse is that there's no effort made to declare it as some kind of 'joke'.

To be fair if you watch it on YouTube it does say in the text that the technique is called "Prima Aprillis", and the video was uploaded on April 1st 2018.

4 hours ago, vinn3 said:

the video was not working, but  whats wrong with the published methods ?   vin

I did,nt mean something is wrong with it.   I don,t think I got enough hairsprings to ruin just to find out I am too old to learn new tricks. LoL

40 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

I did,nt mean something is wrong with it.   I don,t think I got enough hairsprings to ruin just to find out I am too old to learn new tricks. LoL

I am away from the bench for 10 days. When I get back I will try it out most definitely. There is obviously a lot of variables in handling the hairspring this way that one must learn for it to work. And obviously you would not do this to a bent hairspring. Watch this space.......... :jig:

6 minutes ago, Graziano said:

I am away from the bench for 10 days. When I get back I will try it out most definitely. There is obviously a lot of variables in handling the hairspring this way that one must learn for it to work. And obviously you would not do this to a bent hairspring. Watch this space.......... :jig:

Very nice of you, looking forward to the lesson. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

To be fair if you watch it on YouTube it does say in the text that the technique is called "Prima Aprillis", and the video was uploaded on April 1st 2018.

Prima aprillis means April fool :startle:

3 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Very nice of you, looking forward to the lesson. Thank you.

It may well be a joke anyway as prima aprillis means April fool. Anyway I have a heap of old hairsprings so why not prove it once and for all :sick:

8 hours ago, Graziano said:

It may well be a joke anyway as prima aprillis means April fool. Anyway I have a heap of old hairsprings so why not prove it once and for all :sick:

I cast iron guarantee you it is not serious and you will ruin any hairspring you try this on. As per my comment above, a few people over the last year or so have pointed me to this video and every one thought it was serious. Title aside, it doesn't make it clear enough that this is 'supposed' to be a joke or prank and those who don't know the delicate nature of hairsprings are potentially likely to try it.