Seiko 7s26c

ITProDad

4 hours ago, ITProDad said:

Took a while, and several partial assemblies and disassembles. But it’s finally done. And running surprisingly well for my first wrist watch.fae47cba67c859f9e48edddb0053f441.jpgc76b044cf85f9daa8a738511f3742aea.jpg3fff093dc42548e789530efb5a1e40f9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:Bravo:    Looks stripped down enough to have recieved a good bath, did you brush clean too?   Cute watch too. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, aac58 said:

I've never seen such an amplitude on a Seiko movement, are you sure you had the correct 52º lift angle on your timegrapher?

It's very good value, likely taken a full wind, but not exceptional

Note that 7S, 4R and 6R all have 53° lift angle, check attached. 52° is the machine's default, and produces a very close amplitude value anyway. 

7S26C.pdf7S26C.pdf

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jdm said:

Note that 7S, 4R and 6R all have 53° lift angle, check attached. 52° is the machine's default, and produces a very close amplitude value anyway. 

I'm checking your attachement, doesn't it say 52º?

Edited by aac58

56 minutes ago, aac58 said:

Very good job! I've never seen such an amplitude on a Seiko movement, are you sure you had the correct 52º lift angle on your timegrapher?

As I said, that's a very good job. Honestly I've seen (and got) amplitudes above 300º but in older manual Seiko movements as 66.

9 minutes ago, clockboy said:

Adjusting the lift angle on a Timographer only makes a marginal reading difference IMO

So, why do we care about it? And why I was corrected only a few minutes since I said it should be 52º and not, for example, 54,5º as in 6119 or 6309, which is a considerable difference?

Edited by aac58

:Bravo:    Looks stripped down enough to have recieved a good bath, did you brush clean too?   Cute watch too. 

Not sure what “brush clean” means. I use an ultrasonic with L&R cleaner and rinse solutions. Then is peg wood to get the remainder. I had to order a couple extra balance completes as it did not come with a working balance and I ruined the first one with a slip of my tweezers. At $4 each, I ordered 5. Went through 2 before I got it right.

Very good job! I've never seen such an amplitude on a Seiko movement, are you sure you had the correct 52º lift angle on your timegrapher?

Yes. It was set to 52 degrees. But that amplitude was only a in one position. The rest ranged from 240 to 260. Enough to be satisfied for my first wrist watch.

2 minutes ago, ITProDad said:

I had to order a couple extra balance completes as it did not come with a working balance and I ruined the first one with a slip of my tweezers. At $4 each, I ordered 5. Went through 2 before I got it right.

These were the Chinese ones. Very good result then, another member reported that the one he got had a bent pivot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ITProDad said:

Yes. It was set to 52 degrees. But that amplitude was only a in one position. The rest ranged from 240 to 260. Enough to be satisfied for my first wrist watch.

These are outstanding results, congrats.

These were the Chinese ones. Very good result then, another member reported that the one he got had a bent pivot.

I ordered from the Seiko part site from Japan. Maybe I’m wrong on the price. But not by much. Oh well, it worked. I’ll look more closely next time I order a new part.

Please post link?

I can’t find the original site. I’ve purged my browser history for government spying reasons....

However, here is a pic of one of the “extras” I purchased. I believe you are correct about it being Chinese. Though I do remember the ship-from address to be Japan.26b9433a932beeda728610c6e3b59584.jpg

47 minutes ago, ITProDad said:

However, here is a pic of one of the “extras” I purchased. I believe you are correct about it being Chinese. Though I do remember the ship-from address to be Japan.

Yes, also because the writing is in Chinesem and a genuine Seiko balance packaging is quite different.
Nothing strange that it comes from Japan, they trade with China just like we do and probably since a longer time :biggrin:

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1