valjoux 7736 chrono hand will not reset

Question

Hi all, i have a nos 7736 but the chrono hand will not reset to 12, it always stops just short before or after, i have tried 5 times to remove and refit the hand by resetting and then keeping the pusher held in so i am thinking maybe there is an underlying problem. i am going to part service that part of the watch before i try again in the hope that might help as the movement has not been used in years but is there a way of using an eccentric to finely adjust the hand and if so where is it located, also does anyone know where i could get a proper chrono movement holder, i looked on cousins but all they had was 7750s so i bought one but it is to small. 

thanks

IMG_1225.JPG

6 answers to this question

Reseted to zero the hammer should press against the Heart of the Chrono Wheel and the wheel should really be fixed (Look from the side for a gap and try to rotate the wheel with a tooth pick). On the other hand there must be a small gap between the hammer and the heart of the minute counter Wheel.

D1AD5534-8EC2-43EA-A478-D9CADF10DF5E.thumb.jpeg.ef2d69023ff36fb038e6d8a9250bcf81.jpeg

17 hours ago, Delgetti said:

Reseted to zero the hammer should press against the Heart of the Chrono Wheel and the wheel should really be fixed (Look from the side for a gap and try to rotate the wheel with a tooth pick). On the other hand there must be a small gap between the hammer and the heart of the minute counter Wheel.

D1AD5534-8EC2-43EA-A478-D9CADF10DF5E.thumb.jpeg.ef2d69023ff36fb038e6d8a9250bcf81.jpeg

thank you will check it out and than you for the diagram.