Hello from Bern

Hello Everybody :-)

Since many years I am very much fascinated by mechanical watches that run totally independent from any electricity or internet connection. Just watching any mechanical movement is something that is really fascinating me. 

Many years ago I attended a watchmaking course for hobbyists. It was a one and a half day course with disassembling and assembling a manual winding movement and an automatic movement. Well - this is a long time ago and not having the opportunity for more practice I basically forgot most of it. And of course one and a half day was far too short to dive really into watch repairing.

Since a long time I was looking for a possibility to gain more practice and knowhow in watch understanding and repair. But getting some „beginners“ book at Amazon was somehow frustrating because these were not very self-explanatory (at least not for me).

Finally I stumbled upon Mark’s step by step videos on youtube and by this on this forum and on the watch repair tutorial videos. This is exactly what I was looking for! So I am happy to be here now.

Regards from Bern, Peter