Hello from North-Germany

Transponder

Hey everyone, my name is Hubert Koenning, I'm from Germany. My English is bad, but I hope you can understand me and your Language corrections are welcome. I know a little bit about mechanical watches, round about 30 watches are my own. Some of these watches have I repaired. Most of them are from Germany (Pforzheim) especially from Fa. Epple ( EPPO) and some from the Switzerland. My last Service was a Junghans (ZentRa) Pocket watch with the caliber 42/1.

greetings

Transponder

1-P1060630.JPG

P1100524.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha Hubert , and Welcome to this Forum .

I am sure you will find the members friendly and willing to share their experience and varied collection of timepieces . 

Your Eppo watch is a piece of eye candy and I found oldhippy's description of the regulator arm to be an interesting fact . Definitely something that is new to me .

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. I think between us we’ve worked out what’s going on. Next job is to have a proper look at this great wheel assembly, see if I can remove the clip and the friction fit pinion, give the bits a good clean, then put it back together with a bit of blue grease. I’ll also get the pallet fork under the microscope to see if it’s ok or been damaged. 
    • The cannon pinion (be it conventional style or what you see in this movement) should slip on its arbour so the hands can be set independently without affecting the gear train.  If there is too much friction between the cannon pinion and the second wheel, turning the hands to set them backwards can sometimes force the escape wheel teeth to overrun the pallet stones, creating the behaviour you describe. The train is running in reverse when this happens.  This can often chip the pallet stones. I’d say at least half of the watches I’ve inspected with very tight cannon pinions had chipped pallet stones. Hopefully this isn’t the case with your watch.  I’m not familiar with this movement but you need to get the friction in the cannon pinion adjusted correctly.  Hope this helps, Mark
    • Pallet fork was in. I’d had the movement running ok, and only removed the balance to flip it over and install the keyless works and date mechanism. The pallet fork wasn’t locking the gear train when hand setting - it was oscillating as the escape wheel rotated. This may have been in one direction only - can’t remember. 
    • Hi   Find attached parts/repair notes for the JLC 911,  might be useful. JLC_JLC 910, 911.pdf JLC_JLC 910, 911 Repair Notes.pdf
    • Hello and welcome to the forum Dan. Used to know Middlesboro quite well, that was twenty years plus ago. Attached a little reading to get you started. TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf