Cheers Mates...

One of my 6105-8110 would not start while I did the usual shake, to get them going. And I started to take it apart.

And when I removed the winding work, I could see this, see photoes. And I have following question:

1. The gear wheel have some marks on the side towards the watch, should I do somthing about that? (Photo 1)

PHOTO 1.jpg

2. Where should those grapples intervene into the gear wheel ? (Photo 2)

PHOTO 2.jpg

3. Should it intervene like this?

PHOTO 3.jpg

Thanks and best 

Armand

Woooahhh that is a mess mate, everything is ok but it desperately needs a proper clean and service, there is so much dried grease on them parts alone so think what the rest of the movement might be like, if your handy yourself it's time to get working, if your not it's time to find a watchsmith and part with some of your hard earned!!

14 hours ago, transporter said:

Buy the way, the two claw things, they are called pawls, they sit either side of the small wheel that sits on top of the mainspring barrel, it's seikos wonderfully simple Auto Wind system that I really love.

No problem I do the service myself, i have Clean this already..... 

So you mean the pawels claws skall be like on the last photo? 

Hi arkobugg,

The pawls should be chisel-shaped at the tip, similarly the teeth on the reduction gear need to be well defined/sharp.

On most watches you don't see wear here but on a few I've come across the parts are well rounded. I believe that this is because someone wound the watch by turning the screw on the barrel and thereby forcing the reduction wheel around.

HTH

Anil

8 hours ago, anilv said:

Hi arkobugg,

The pawls should be chisel-shaped at the tip, similarly the teeth on the reduction gear need to be well defined/sharp.

On most watches you don't see wear here but on a few I've come across the parts are well rounded. I believe that this is because someone wound the watch by turning the screw on the barrel and thereby forcing the reduction wheel around.

HTH

Anil

This is great guys!! Thanks a lot for all help!! Its always a pleasure asking questions in this forum, knowing that you always get plenty help. There is one more question for this jobb, the winding work it fastened with three screws. When I opened the watch, there was one missing. Where can I get this one, anyone have an extra???

Well if you're going to make a hobby of this the best thing would be to buy a few movements off the internet to practice... this will give you a ready stock of screws etc. Perhaps someone in Scandinavia can help?

One  thing to check.. is the screw somewhere loose in the movement? This is common and will eventually cause problems. Get the movement out of the case and try to see if its in there somewhere.

Anil

2 hours ago, anilv said:

Well if you're going to make a hobby of this the best thing would be to buy a few movements off the internet to practice... this will give you a ready stock of screws etc. Perhaps someone in Scandinavia can help?

One  thing to check.. is the screw somewhere loose in the movement? This is common and will eventually cause problems. Get the movement out of the case and try to see if its in there somewhere.

Anil

You means get som extra 6105B movment to practis on? I think they are hard to find?  Or do you mean that screws are standardized on Seiko movments, so I can find similar on a another movment?

Armand

On 9.11.2016 at 3:25 AM, anilv said:

Yep..I think its the same used in 6119, 6309.

Hello Mates!

Then its fixed....found an screw from a Chinese movment I had, then cleaned all, and lubricated, got the pawl where they should be. screwed all togheter. And it runs like a dream... Thanks for all  help...

DSC_0076.JPG

• Like 3