Greeting from Central Florida

dchapma1

Hello all,

New to the group here and saying hello. Been a watch enthusiast all my life and have a modest collection of watches. Just starting out in watch / clock repair as a hobby and found this site by researching timegraphers.

I live in Central Florida outside of Tampa. Looking forward to learning more and more about this fascinating art of watchmaking.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2016 at 5:22 PM, dchapma1 said:

Just starting out in watch / clock repair as a hobby and found this site by researching timegraphers.

Definitely recommend that you get a timegrapher or equivalent application. It is useful to judge the state of the movement, not just its accuracy. There are various threads here on the subject. Modern movements (and even not so moderne) are very accurate and you should strive for the best results, not the opposite.

Handy for getting a quick diagnosis of beat errors as well as pointing towards other problems - even for a relatively basic tinkerer like myself. However, cost is an issue ( unless you got one for a 60th birthday or suchlike [emoji6])
Cheers,
Vic