Junkers Spitzbergen F13

GuiBer

So, here it is the one that is now my (almost) everyday watch choice:

post-1304-0-82225400-1458165205_thumb.jp

I like it very much and I think it's one of the best quality/price pieces for an automatic watch with a titanium case and a saphire crystal.

The price is a little under 500 €.

I 'm very pleased with it's performance, as I managed to adust it to get a < 1 s/day variance, ( despite the fact that when I received it, it was gaining a deceiving 15s/day!)

Other interesting feature is an unusual complete fluorescent dial:

post-1304-0-55102200-1458166218_thumb.jp

which is very readable and very nice to look in the dark!

Main technical features:

• Model Series: Spitzbergen F13
  • Movement Type: Automatic
  • Movement Caliber: Citizen/Miyota 9132
  • Jewels: 26
  • Clock Face: Fluorescent
  • Glass: Sapphire Crystal
  • Chassis Material: Titanium
  • Chassis Diameter (mm): 42
  • Chassis Height (mm): 14
  • Water Density (atm): 5
  • Chasis Color: Grey
  • Lug Size (mm): 22
  • Wristband Color: Dark brown
  • Wristband Item No.: 361080002222
  • Fluorescent: dial
  • Vibrations (h): 28800
  • Max. Power Reserve (h): 40
  • Winding Direction: Bidirectional
  • Complications: Power Reserve Display, Date, Sweep Second, Stop Second
  • Add. Features: 24 h Display
  • Special Features: Crystal Case Back
  • Color: Beige
  • Weight (g): 83

• Like 1

Nice face design, not overloaded.

And here is the matching airplane in its new existence: http://www.rimowa-f13.com

A LEGEND GROWS NEW WINGS

Looking forward to see this machine flying and I hope to get the chance to hop into the cockpit myself one time.

Regards

Dirk

I loved tke link to the site  of the RIMOVA project bringing back Junkers F13 to live! BEAUTIFUL!!

I am also a passionate for aviation and that was one of the reasons I also liked the watch.

I hope you really get the chance to enter its cockpit! Can you fly it?

Thanks,

Regards

Gui 

I fly the EC225 helicopter, but I would love to fly those old aircraft. If I get the chance I will take a flight training hour with an instructor as I did last year with the Zeppelin NT, 

http://dirkfassbender.de/zeppelin-nt.html

That is still a dream for me to be a Zeppelin captain. :-) and yes, Junghans delivered the clocks for the original Zeppelins which closes the loop to my Junghans connection.

Regards

Dirk

Edited by Cougarnaut

i don't think there is a watch that junkers makes that i don't like. this one included. it's very sharp and well done. i also did not know that they used citizen movements. they could do a lot worse, for sure. that is a very cool flourescent dial. i usually associate them with lower price point watches, but it's a pleasant surprise on this watch. i'd own it.

i've been looking at the junkers JU52 cockpit watch. it's got a really cool yellow minute hand and a red and white striped hour hand. i'm gonna end up with one sooner or later. it comes in auto or quartz. auto for me.