Hislon WW2 watch movement

Hello, please help to identify this movement. Bought on ebay as Hislon aviator 1930-1940. 33mm case, 29,6mm movement diameter and 4,4mm movement thickness. Hislon lever 15 jewels on top plate, no other markings present. I believe it to be some unitas model but nothing I found online fits.

hislon lever.jpg

After few more hours of browsing I thought it to be unitas 146 Wehrmachtswerk army movement, did not notice this AS 153 mark at all, that's likely it. Dude on ebay sold me the watch as serviced and working. Arrived with that spring arm nowhere to be seen, one of those 2 dial side screws close together stripped, glued ratchet wheel screw, wobbly balance, unable to wind and so much oil it formed a puddle on dial side. I got scammed hard.

6 hours ago, rubberteeth said:

Dude on ebay sold me the watch as serviced

I used to be much into Vostok, Raketa, and Poljot, and 90 per cent of the eBay sellers are in Ukraine (as corrupt as can be). The listings mostly never forget to mention "serviced by master watchmaker". That is, dipped a few times in a can of naphtha, dried with a hair blower, and then some olive oil injected here and there. Well, as long as they tick, who's gonna know?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VWatchie said:

I used to be much into Vostok, Raketa, and Poljot, and 90 per cent of the eBay sellers are in Ukraine (as corrupt as can be). The listings mostly never forget to mention "serviced by master watchmaker". That is, dipped a few times in a can of naphtha, dried with a hair blower, and then some olive oil injected here and there. Well, as long as they tick, who's gonna know?

Yes. I too have experienced what you are saying. But could it be because we tend to go for 'bargain' watches. And get more than we bargained for. 🤣

I thinking of getting a 'bargain' watch from Japan, the land of honor and chivalry, then see what happens.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

I thinking of getting a 'bargain' watch from Japan, the land of honor and chivalry, then see what happens.

I have no personal experience of buying watches from Japan, but I'd be extremely surprised to learn of any systematic scamming from Japanese sellers, so you should be safe 👍

I think it is common knowledge and consensus that the ethics of Japanese culture is first-class. I just talked with my daughter who's been living in Tokyo since the beginning of August and she mentioned she has never felt safer (unlike the war zone Sweden has become with blown-up houses, firefights on open streets, innocent people injured and killed, and it happens more or less every day). 

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, VWatchie said:

This perfectly sums up my case. Watch is in fact from Ukraine "restored and serviced by master watchmaker". Only this master uses so much oil I thought US troops would invade my home like Iraq. Seller even told me to send it back for "additional repair" but that would be just more damage caused in my opinion. I might have to swap the entire movement as there are no parts for this one.   

• Like 2

22 hours ago, VWatchie said:

I have no personal experience of buying watches from Japan, but I'd be extremely surprised to learn of any systematic scamming from Japanese sellers, so you should be safe 👍

I think it is common knowledge and consensus that the ethics of Japanese culture is first-class. I just talked with my daughter who's been living in Tokyo since the beginning of August and she mentioned she has never felt safer (unlike the war zone Sweden has become with blown-up houses, firefights on open streets, innocent people injured and killed, and it happens more or less every day). 

That's terrible news watchie i had no idea that would be happening in Sweden, my wife is really surprised and shocked. You take care over there.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

That's terrible news watchie i had no idea that would be happening in Sweden, my wife is really surprised and shocked. You take care over there.

That is unfortunately what you get by an "open borders"/"open your heart" policy allowing two million people from Africa and the Middle East into a small secularised country like Sweden consisting of only nine million people. I wish the US and other European countries would take note but they don't, except Hungary and Poland.

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, VWatchie said:

That is unfortunately what you get by an "open borders"/"open your heart" policy allowing two million people from Africa and the Middle East into a small secularised country like Sweden consisting of only nine million people. I wish the US and other European countries would take note but they don't, except Hungary and Poland.

We have the same problem here, but slowly clamping down on it. At xmas the village i live in successfully  campaigned against allowing 2000 unknown, unvetted male migrants being homed in an old unused university building. Action needs to be taken to prevent potential threats to our communities. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

This is an 'educational' video of how 'master watchmakers' work in some countries. Not for the faint-hearted. @oldhippy had nightmares watching one of his other videos on clock repair.

We just don't understand his genius. It's a Bear Grills type survivalist video on how to best cook a wild movement. Dissect, put edible parts on a nice plate, season with lots of cooking oil(the most important part!!!) and serve cold. On a serious note, hammering down that seconds hand is some next level repair skill :)). Oh and comment section is pure gold too. quote "No doubt you are the king of restoration , amazing work and skills" "Wow this is incredible, is like watching a caveman sculpting the Venus de Milo with a wooden club"

On 11/6/2023 at 9:48 AM, HectorLooi said:

This is an 'educational' video of how 'master watchmakers' work

This proves what we all suspected. Watch repairers are scammers. They say it takes a day just to service a movement and requires investing in expensive tools, when in reality it takes a few minutes and can almost be done with just your bare fingers.

• Haha 2