What tools does ebay have to offer this week.

6 hours ago, Waggy said:

And this to go with it!

Screenshot_20231205-150635.thumb.png.68b4b055874cffd766033d886f5d7f49.png

Link Here

It is a nice staking set, mostly complete, but missing some significant items.  I wonder how that seller does it.  He's sold 4 other 18R deluxe sets since September plus the current listing.  At first I thought he had deadbeat buyers or that something fishy was going on, but looking closely at the photos for each set, there are significant differences.  One of his sets sold for a whopping $2025.  This one will not go cheap but probably not that sky high.

Edited by gpraceman

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

There is a hell of a lot of junk. A high price for junk

it's an interesting assortment of junk. Amongst the junk for which I agree there is a lot is all sorts of interesting little tidbits the problem is we don't get a good enough to you to know how functional they are anymore? This is where stuff like this is so much nicer if you can actually physically see it as opposed to one dimension picture where there is a bunch of interesting stuff buried in their. Not just the poising tool oh and thinking of the poising tool it doesn't have a box and it's just laying there is not like it has delicate sapphire jewels on the jaws and they like to ship or get damaged so obviously can just toss it on to wherever they this is being staged it be really nice if everything got turned over so we can see some of the stuff better.

oh and when I'm looking at it thinking is it really worth the price and it wouldn't be for me because I have a lot of that but the thing that really kills it is even in the US to shipping is $56 waits to me seems a little excessive. No idea what the shipping is to the UK

this is the unfortunate problem of a lot of times assortments of tools seem to have really interesting prices which are not necessarily beneficial to us.

5 hours ago, Waggy said:

Great job lot of tools, think I spot a poising tool on bottom left corner, worth a punt for that alone!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204624151501?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=trxkuqngtds&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=WLDexrgWSNe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Seen that waggy, Johns right poising tools with sapphire jaws can be prone to chipping if abused. I think i might have also spotted a seitz pivot straightener. What looks like the spring top arm, i thought i saw the base as well but it looks too small,  might be right might be wrong, see what you think. If it is then worth  poking it.

Screenshot_20240129-131837_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

i thought i saw the

I was thinking about some of things that I thought I initially saw decided that maybe it was my imagination? Did see some interesting stuff but I'm starting to lean towards back to

7 hours ago, oldhippy said:

There is a hell of a lot of junk. A high price for junk. 

in amongst the possible Chambliss would not cancel out there's just a lot of miscellaneous junk. This is where the miscellaneous items like this should come in at a much lower price.

But see I saw things like this used for polishing screws not the head of the screw but the other end of the screw. I was try member how much I paid for mine in the old days when I used to go to the national Association of watch and clock collector regional meetings before eBay cut in the everything and I might have paid $10 for the handle and the other bits and pieces I only have one piece there so it's hard to tell how useful it would be. it's the thing with the square part on the end that's of interest but not at the price

image.png.ac07b7239dd84390dd77ec7e6040013e.png

then there's things like this we can't see the other side looks like a circular disk with a protruding post and typically when I see these their diamond lapse for sharpening gravers carbide but because we can't see it and I'm using my imagination it will fall now into a junk category

image.png.950649c12a629d91f38ac51baa8f2a97.png

so basically in the morning with a fresh set of eyes I'm leaning towards more junk but initially it did look interesting we just need better pictures. The problem is typically when they do better pictures and they try to sell each individual item for outrageous prices because well they can or they can try to and if they sell it as a junk lots well apparently here they're not selling like junk.

• 2 months later...

Its been a while since posting anything on this one. This is something i actually bought today, i needed a little pick me up after my past two weeks of stress. I particularly wanted the sliding pin vices around the top center area. But there are lots of other goodies to pick out if anyone wants to guess or inform . Thank you.

Screenshot_20240419-150649_eBay.jpg

I recently bought this but not on ebay. I figured if I want something Japanese I better check Japanese auction sites since these don't seem to pop up on ebay. I paid 83 € plus shipping & taxes. I think it was pretty reasonable for a complete set in good condition.

IMG_20240416_153839.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Malocchio said:

I recently bought this but not on ebay. I figured if I want something Japanese I better check Japanese auction sites since these don't seem to pop up on ebay. I paid 83 € plus shipping & taxes. I think it was pretty reasonable for a complete set in good condition.

IMG_20240416_153839.jpg

I have that set and really like it. I prefer that crystal holder over the one that came with my Bergeon claw tool and any time I use the claw I use this one instead of the Bergeon one, just an additional bonus with this tool.

Just arrived, i thknk i know what most of it is for, though there are a few obscure items , some watchmaker made by the looks. I love the arbor vices, and not quite a complete screw polisher among the lot. The six in the last picture I'm not sure about but i have an idea about 1 or two of them.

20240424_102630.jpg

17139514881522748959946296923319.jpg

17139515223366302666670599202509.jpg

• Like 2