Long Time Lurker. Finally Decided How to Begin

eharriett

Hello.  Been a long time lurker here, reading posts off and on.  How to's and all that.  Have absolutely zero experience in anything like this but I've always wanted to learn.  Have a small eccentric vintage collection I like and I finally found my perfect watches to learn.  I really want to learn Timexes, specifically, the vintage electrics.  I bought a broken lot of them, some so damaged there's no way they'd run, but a good practice to try and disassemble/reassemble.  I finally did my first one last weekend and got down to the parts rusted on and .... mostly reassembled it 🙂   Gonna try another soon and see if I can get farther.

Welcome to WRT

I'm not sure if Timexes are the best way to begin your journey into horology. They are rather unconventional. If u do take apart the plates, they can be a challenge to put back together. 

But personally, I love them. I love the looks, the robustness and most of all, the price.

Good luck and enjoy.

1 hour ago, HectorLooi said:

Welcome to WRT

I'm not sure if Timexes are the best way to begin your journey into horology. They are rather unconventional. If u do take apart the plates, they can be a challenge to put back together. 

But personally, I love them. I love the looks, the robustness and most of all, the price.

Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks! I know they aren’t normal for repairs. But they’ve really only ever been what made me want to take one apart. And for some reason the electrics are what draw me in.