Complete newbie

Argon

On 11/8/2022 at 11:05 AM, watchweasol said:

Hello and welcome to the forum,  the Seiko 7009A is a long time sacraficial time piee plenty of parts to be had.  I have attached the service sheet for the Seiko and a couple of others  which may be handy.

277_Seiko7009A (6).pdf 182.83 kB · 1 download 1612608791_ToolsfortheHobbyist (2) (1).pdf 371.51 kB · 1 download TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf 4.2 MB · 2 downloads

Thank you so much, this is such a great welcome gift! I am slowly getting the most important tools ($$$ painful...). As for the Seiko 7009A, I am fighting to fit the wheel bridge properly, but I hope I'll make it. Thank you again!

Hi  the main criteria is to take your time and not to rush,  Lay the bridge on top of the wheels pop in the screws loosely just to hold the plate in position with no pressure and gently adjust the wheels untill the pivots drop in to the jewels (make yourself some tools for this). Apply no pressure when you think they are all in  check the end shake ( do they lift and drop) easily aaaaa0 then tighten down the screws slowley checking the wheels as you go.   best of luck.

• Thanks 1

Another great thank you, @watchweasol! You gave me the encouragement I needed; I will follow your instructions and we'll see! I also wanted to thank you for the "ToolsfortheHobbyist" PDF, I found it extremely useful. Since I am just dipping a toe in the water, I was also concerned by the costs of lubricants. Here in Germany, where I live as expat, I found a "Dr. Tillwich" Oil... much cheaper than Moebius; I am giving it a go... I am just practicing on almost junk watches anyway...

7009a.thumb.jpg.1b9cfd12e3fd41617d9a3cb3dff78163.jpgDone! Thanks again...