Barrel repair or replacement

kevlarpants

hi, i have a clock which stops and i think its due to the mainsproing barrel not sitting correctly as ldosnt look like sitting true when wound. The barrel case has a gap and the end plate dosnt secure correctly.

Im not sure i can repiar the gap as under a lot or pressure once spring is back in and i cant find a replacement !.

barrel has 23 stamped inside.

you can see in the images that the outer barrel is a band which has been fixed using a small plate and 2 x rivet, only one rivet still fixed.

any idea on replacement ?  thanks

clock1.thumb.jpg.67cced9a189f0b56e5c70ae036596236.jpgclock2.thumb.jpg.9e1a143b88c8429e8a2d58ad5e414971.jpgclock3.thumb.jpg.7f6419e4907e46e7805194243369dcc9.jpg

A replacement barrel is the answer. I have looked at vids on YouTube showing repairs to the barrels and the importance of the barrel bushings etc. All of this work however requires a engineers lathe. See attached a vid by Tommy Jobson working on a fusee barrel. He explains why the barrel condition especially the barrel bushing are so important to the performance of the clock.