Recent Repairs - Classics :)

Greeting folks :)

Now i know you've seen me in the advice section a few times ( too many times lol ), but i figured that i should share some of my recent repairs that are a success rather than a mess. I do manage to succeed 90% of the time with my restorations but no harm in asking for help when i know im stuck ;)

So today i finished two watches that i had been working on, one being a nice automatic and the other a more classical manual. I can't quite put my finger on why these simple watches are such fun to work on but i do enjoy some of the more basic pieces. Both had a few issues but nothing that a good tinker would not put right.

Both movements were crammed up with old oil and gunk and few small parts had seen better days, luckily i have a draw full of spares that brought new life to this pair. Casings have had a light polishing with scratches removed from case backs, new glass and a restored glass, new crown for the auto, and a nice but simple pair of straps to finish.

Tissot Seastar Automatic GP ( Cal 784-2 )  &  Rotary 21 Jewel Incabloc ( Cal AS 1702 )

DSC01321_zps9boirk3y.jpg

Tissot - Has nice new gaskets, new AT Glass, and a nice new gold crown to match, the old crown was Tissot but silver ? Lord knows ?

DSC01317_zpsp8k8aaro.jpg

Rotary - Simple but effective timekeeper :)

DSC01318_zpsqhhaz9rs.jpg

The poor Rotary was swimming in oil and dirt from where someone had previously tried to murder it by drowning, luckily i have two very good cleaning machines ;)

DSC01312_zpsz0x9r0iu.jpg

I forgot entirely to take photos of the Tissot engine but im sure most of you know what an automatic looks like by now ha ha :)

Anyway i figured it was time to share some success rather than my stumblings. Enjoy :D

• Like 4

This is a Tissot i recently serviced . The dial has some rust dots and the hands where really messed up .  I had to glue the dial with thee small dabs of epoxy .Because the dial feets where broken . And dial dots didn't work . Going to change or polish the crystal a little more though . 

The rotary is a nice looking watch . That isn't anything i have seen in Sweden . Going to take a look and see if i find myself a Rotary with date and stainless steel case .

post-644-0-12368000-1432239756_thumb.jpg

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1