Hello comrades-in-wrists!

I'm new to the site, having grown up in Southern California and still there, but closer to the desert, which is dear to me by way of my lifelong love of observing the sky, which is much better seen out there. As a kid, my uncle gave me my first watch, with lume, which fascinated me. Over the years I have acquired, "messed with," and ultimately destroyed more watches than I have now, but gained much in the process 😉  I'm an x-ray tech, which I sort of fell into by way of an interest in photography and all things scientific. While that field has changed significantly, I am glad that things are still holding on to the traditional in the world of horology. I was led here by Mark's video on setting Seiko 8f32 perpetual movements. I have a concern which I will express in my first post, thank you.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the intro @Watchhound welcome to the WRT forum! I'm also relatively new and I'm in the middle of my first service of an Elgin Grade 313 movement which has been stalled for a while as I was waiting for oil and a mainspring winder. Well, my oil arrived today and luckily I picked up an identical 2nd movement so as I disassemble that one it will help me remember how to re-assemble the first one! I've posted some shots of my watches here.