Seiko Watch Help

Hi WRT,

I'm totally new to the world of watches. I've had this Seiko SRZ392P1 for a couple of years. I recently took it to a watch repairer to get a battery change and it seems he has lost a part and managed to scratch the backcase in the process. At the moment the crown won't lock in place/wind, soooo, I'm curious to learn how to replace it myself. How would I identify the necessary/missing part? 

IMG_20220319_134720.jpg

IMG_20220319_134705.jpg

IMG_20220319_134650.jpg

IMG_20220319_133419.jpg

So sorry to learn that a watch repairer can be so incompetent.

Looks like he lost the movement ring but the crown looks like it can be screwed back onto the stem. The stem doesn't look like it's broken but to screw it back on can be a little tricky as stem needs to be removed first. If you look carefully, there is a small lever near the stem with a little dimple on it. If you use a sharp tweezer to depress the lever, the stem should be released and can be pulled out.

With the stem in your hand, the crown can be screwed back on. If it still feels loose, a tiny drop of Loctite can be used to secure it.

You can probably check if there are any videos on YouTube to help you out. A picture is worth a thousand words, but a video is worth at least a million.

Good luck!

To save the dial and hands, google watch hand removal for relevent tutorial.

We need a clear close up of the movement for possitive identification. Your best just replace the movement with a new one if available. I am not sure if parts to this can  be bought.

Good luck.

Here is a video on how to refit the crown.

The OP did not say whether the movement is working or not. So I assumed that it's still working. 

As for the missing movement ring, Cousins has generic spares that can be cut to fit the case but it comes in a bag of 100s. So I'm not sure how you can solve this problem. Maybe if you have a 3D printer, you can print your own.