2 hours ago, fosr said:

I bought these tool from China, Red Epilame bottle for 24$USD, Epilame solution 28.406-020 20ml for 17$(I'm not sure it's true?). Simple Epilame bottle for 5$, I purchased it a year ago,It's really good tool.

IMG_20231115_125057.jpg

IMG_20231115_143239.jpg

Your red bottle is a bit different than the one I got.  Mine has a metal mesh basket and also has a glass marble to block off the neck when the bottle is upright.  I'll be using mine for cleaning jewels, pallet forks and balance wheels.  I wonder if the plastic basket will hold up to solvents.

Edited by gpraceman

9 hours ago, gpraceman said:

Your red bottle is a bit different than the one I got.  Mine has a metal mesh basket and also has a glass marble to block off the neck when the bottle is upright.  I'll be using mine for cleaning jewels, pallet forks and balance wheels.  I wonder if the plastic basket will hold up to solvents.

This red bottle have a glass ball, only basket is different, I think produced by the same company. I haven't used it yet.

On 11/17/2023 at 11:00 PM, fosr said:

I bought these tool from China, Red Epilame bottle for 24$USD, Epilame solution 28.406-020 20ml for 17$(I'm not sure it's true?). Simple Epilame bottle for 5$, I purchased it a year ago,It's really good tool.

IMG_20231115_124946.jpg

IMG_20231115_125926.jpg

IMG_20231115_125057.jpg

IMG_20231115_143239.jpg

IMG_20231115_130015.jpg

IMG_20231115_125959.jpg

IMG_20231115_125945.jpg

This 28.406-020 was counterfeit HOROTEC Epilame solution, hard to clean burn marks, don't buy it from China. The correct one is MSA28.405.

11.jpg

Edited by fosr
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

I have been reading through this thread and for some reason now when I click on the aliexpress links, I am getting a not found message as well as everything is in French.

I tried a few links and had no problem. Do you have a problem with a link in particular or all links?

All of the early ones. Seems to default to some weird place. First 4 pages at least.

First link from the start of the thread.

ScreenShot2023-11-24at20_07_13.thumb.png.8a14d5afbb27f1d5556035313c435070.png

I have a few Timelab tools coming from the US. Made in Korea, but I can only get them from the US. Go figure.

I'll post an update once I get them and use them.

Edited by Michael1962
  • Like 1

Well I have worked out the language thing on the Aliexpress pages. For some stupid reason when I was not logged in to Aliexpress the settings all came up weird. Only able to fix it by registering and logging in.

Pages still don't load any pictures though. Even the most recent links.

Not sure why though?

I am going to go and get all my cookies now and clean them out and see if that helps at all.

There are days I just hate computers.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, spectre6000 said:

@Michael1962 Clear your cookies. Your cookie thinks you're in some French speaking territory with some weird import/export settings on the seller side. 

For a while, AliExpress convinced itself to present one of my browsers only with Arabic, and I could not change the language on any page until nuking cookies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael1962 said:

Is everyone able to see the photos when they open an Aliexpress link? I get the page loading in English now so that bit is sorted, but I just keep getting the little blue square with a ? for every image. Does not seem to matter which link I select.

I’m not having a problem Michael, try this fresh link.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1102893212?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000061.1.2bfd48f83Uzwbl

im starting to wonder if you are having a DNS problem or if it might be the crappy super NAT engine your ISP is using or if there is a stuck cache server in an ISP along the path.

Tom

Well I just tried it in a private window, Safari on a Mac, same issue.

Just went to the AppStore to find another browser. Worse than useless. Could not find a darn thing.

Ended up having to go to the individual websites.

Just opened the page in Opera and got all the pictures. I have no idea what I would need to do to be able to see them in Safari. Oh well.

I ended up getting a Chinese Horia clone that has the hand setting ability.  It's a few bucks more expensive than the regular set.  I was hoping that the watch hand setting feature would be nice to have.  It works for that, but I would not say that it is convenient.  Tips screw in/out, not just a simple push in/pull out, and there's not much clearance between the movement and the tip.  I'll likely end up getting the Bergeon 8935 clone eventually.  But other than that, it is a pretty nice set.

New-Watchmaker-Jewelling-Tool-With-Micrometric-Screw-4mm-4mm-Watch-Hand-Installing-and-Fitting-Tools-Watch.jpg

20231127_232719.jpg

20231127_232709.jpg

38 minutes ago, gpraceman said:

I'll likely end up getting the Bergeon 8935 clone eventually

I got a Bergeon 8935 clone and it is good, mine came a little off center and I could fix it, but to be honest I can always find other stuff to do, so that job keeps getting bumped down my list, you will also need the anvil that fits the clone as the ones supplied are caliber specific.

See page 10 of this thread where there are a few pictures and discussion.

8 minutes ago, Waggy said:

I got a Bergeon 8935 clone and it is good, mine came a little off center and I could fix it, but to be honest I can always find other stuff to do, so that job keeps getting bumped down my list, you will also need the anvil that fits the clone as the ones supplied are caliber specific.

See page 10 of this thread where there are a few pictures and discussion.

I do have a generic holder.  I thought it would fit the Horia clone that I have, which it does, but doesn't give enough clearance for a movement.

With the Chinese tools, I'm not afraid of having to do some tweaks to them, if needed.  I've had to do that with a couple tools that I have gotten.

Sd07d38a503bd486bab53e6ae8e4b074fY.jpg

5 hours ago, gpraceman said:

I ended up getting a Chinese Horia clone that has the hand setting ability.  It's a few bucks more expensive than the regular set.  I was hoping that the watch hand setting feature would be nice to have.  It works for that, but I would not say that it is convenient.  Tips screw in/out, not just a simple push in/pull out, and there's not much clearance between the movement and the tip.  I'll likely end up getting the Bergeon 8935 clone eventually.  But other than that, it is a pretty nice set.

New-Watchmaker-Jewelling-Tool-With-Micrometric-Screw-4mm-4mm-Watch-Hand-Installing-and-Fitting-Tools-Watch.jpg

20231127_232719.jpg

20231127_232709.jpg

I love my Horia clone. Have used it twice already. I have two Seitz but now prefer the clone

• Like 1