Omega Constellation Chronometer

Jono

Hi all. Just picked up this Constellation to add to the collection. The dauphine hands threw me a bit as they don't look quite right? 561 movement with case back ref 168.017 dating it to 67' and movement number 24307819, which seems to correspond. Dial is in immaculate condition, which made me suspect a redial but having done some checks it seems legit. Would be great to get your opinions.

Cheers Jonathan

post-1045-0-07612000-1431284810_thumb.jp

post-1045-0-18932700-1431284830_thumb.jp

post-1045-0-70942700-1431284869_thumb.jp

post-1045-0-17972000-1431284898_thumb.jp

Nice Omega .Looking very good to me . I can't see anything wrong with the dial . I don't think it's a redial . But the hands ? Shouldn't they be the straight type . Haven't seen dauphine hands on this model before . But i am no expert .

Edited by rogart63

Hi. Thank you. Yes agree I'd expect to see baton hands on this model. Assume they've been replaced during a service or something? I actually prefer them on the watch but it did raise alarm bells when I was considering the purchase. I took a shot in the dark with this one as the photos were grainy and there were no movement or case back pics. HopefullyI didn't get burnt! ;)

I have googled on Constallations 168.017 with daupine hands . There are such watches . So i think your watch could be legit . If you like you could get a paper from the Omega archives . 

Any change it's for sale ?  ;)

Hi Johnathan,

I am no expert on Connies but I would imagine Dauphine hands to be the the norm rather than the exception.

The Constellation is a 'chronometer' grade and you can tell time more accurately with point hand compared to big batons!

Welcome to the forum!

Anil

Thanks guys. Really appreciate your comments and the links. Very helpful. The warm welcome is also much appreciated!

Can see you have some previous posts about servicing a 561 Geo so I will be taking a good look through these too.

Cheers,

Jonathan