Watch date malfunction.

Dek

Hi All,

My name is Dek and I am new to this forum.

I have a solar powered wrist watch and the date changes more than once a day, can anyone please help me to sort this out, I am fairly good at solving things but, this is the first time I have come across this problem, many thanks.

Hi nd welcome to the forum.  We need to see some pictures of the movement,  what the movemnt make is and the caliber number.   What is probably at fault is either the detent or the detent spring broken allowing the wheel to slip. Either way its got to come out of the case and dial and hands removed to expose the calendar/date complications.

• Like 1

As I understand solar powered watches they have a battery that is charged by light. Thus they would be quartz movements. If it is also a watch that receives signals from a satellite then my guess is that it changes when the satellite sends the time signal, which also changes the date at the end of the month. I would encourage you to reset your watch, using the instructions as indicated, to see if this is just a setting problem. If that doesn't work read the instructions about setting the satellite receiver in the watch. It may be possible the fix lies somewhere in the resetting and or the reception of the signal. But to me it seems more likely a reset from the beginning by the book will fix the problem. If all fails call the mfg or google the problem and find out what others have experienced and how they handled it. There is a fix.....

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, tarrda said:

If it is also a watch that

the problem is too many variables if the posting person doesn't tell us to give us a picture of what exactly they're talking about.  which is why we usually ask for a picture it can answer a lot of questions sometimes.

37 minutes ago, tarrda said:

my guess

yes guessing is fun. We actually do a lot of guessing on this discussion group if somebody doesn't give us a proper description. I don't think most people are aware of just how many watches have been made and how many brands how many types how many well basically they're just a heck of a lot of watches out there and it's a problem if we don't get a good description.

Like for instance guessing that it's a satellite watch what if it's not? Or is it analog or digital or perhaps both quartz? Or some quartz watches have separate stepping motors for all the different features. Or it could be a perpetual calendar setting those can be interesting. Or somebody forgot to do a reset if it's a complicated quartz watch.

Or a really common problem on solar watches are there not charged up. Contrary to popular belief and the people who sell you the watch the battery in there doesn't last forever and sometimes it needs to be changed. In addition analog quartz watches don't last forever and they either need to be serviced or typically replaced because they usually cheap enough just to replace the entire movement if you're having a problem.

another problem with a quartz or in a watch for that matter is how old is it? In other words you just purchased it from wherever but how long has it been sitting in their and how long was it sitting in the warehouse before it went to wherever you purchased it from. Sometimes brand-new watches may not actually be brand-new watches.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tarrda said:

If it is also a watch that receives signals from a satellite then my guess is that it changes when the satellite sends the time signal, which also changes the date at the end of the month. I would encourage you to reset your watch.

Well, in case OP's watch isn't satelite controlled, this thread can continue on the subject of how to set time and date on your radio controlled watch. 

I bought a Junghans radio controlled wristwatch in Germany(see pic, online snagged) , the salesman showed me how to set the time, but I don't understand German so I just watched how he set the time and date and shook my head gesturing yes as he explained.

I arrived back in Terhean with one suit suitcase missing, owners manual gone. We don't get satelite signals in Iran, then I met someone who did reset the watch to local time, so I enjoyed my watch for several years dispite the usual zone time changes. Though I learned a trick to set the time later, I never learned the proper way.0167bd11-301d-479f-ad6f-44dd285e2fbb.jpg.f826f2c6a852a4e9205f8a674af373e7.jpg

How to set the time on this?

There are push buttons on other side as well ( not shown in this picture) 

Regs

Joe

2 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

We don't get satelite signals in Iran

what makes you think it's a satellite signal?

usually the timepieces are designed to synchronize to satellites I believe the GPS satellites but I could be wrong or ground-based transmitter's that usually are transmitting low frequencies.

I saw I think on YouTube where somebody was too far away from the low frequency transmitter so he made his own transmitter. then he could have his radio control clocks around the house and they would work.

I found you a link and I swiped an image off the website. Notice the watch dial has a map of the world with letters and numbers? The letters correspond to the station designation of the various transmitters. The numbers correspond to the frequency they are transmitting on. Simplistically this means that this particular watch you can change to whichever transmitter is closest to you. Unfortunately it's not going to help you at all if you live in Iran as it looks like you're way too far away from everybody.

I remember many years ago when my father was alive he purchased one of the radio control clock's. We ended up with several of them before they all went back. None of them would stay on time because we were too far away from the transmitter in Fort Collins Colorado and it didn't have enough power. Many years later they upped the power so now the radio controlled digital clock I have seems to work. Although I don't have any other radio control clock to compare it to see if they agree so I just assumed that it's on time.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/junghans-meister-mega-radio-controlled-watch/

radio controlled watch dial.JPG

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

what makes you think it's a satellite signal?

Thank you John, will read the article.

A chunky radio reciever is embeded inside the strap, which plugs into the bezzel. The reciever worked whilst in Germany, no doubt my watch a radio controlled, It takes a bigger battery than whats shown in the link you provided.

It better be a good watch for the price I paid.🤠

Regs

• 1 month later...