Service manual for Omega 613 movement.

I have found the spare parts list at cousinsuk.com for the Omega 613 movement I'm trying to give an overhaul. However, l've been lokoking for the service manual that could tell me what and where to lubricate the movement and perhaps what oils Omega think is appropriate. I could use some sort of best guess and it would propbably work but the OCD in me wants to do it "by the book". 

Does anyone know where one might find this or if it is even available to us hobbyists ?

That’s the same series as the 601 which is basically a non-auto version of the 565. So look that up. 

The original manual will recommend “Syntalube” which is 9010. So, 9010 on the fast pivots, D5 or HP on the slow bits. Grease on the other bits. 914(5) on the pallet stones or 9010. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Flubber said:

have found the spare parts list at cousinsuk.com for the Omega 613 movement I'm trying to give an overhaul. However, l've been lokoking for the service manual that could tell me what and where to lubricate the movement and perhaps what oils Omega think is appropriate. I could use some sort of best guess and it would propbably work but the OCD in me wants to do it "by the book". 

7 hours ago, rodabod said:

The original manual will recommend “Syntalube” which is 9010. So, 9010 on the fast pivots, D5 or HP on the slow bits. Grease on the other bits. 914(5) on the pallet stones or 9010. 

It's assumed by People new to watch repair that technical bulletins exist for every single watch and the reality is they do not. Even for a company like Omega there is no technical service bulletin for the 613. As you've discovered there will be a parts list. But I see that rodabod Indicates there is one and I doubt there was perhaps. As this is a basic manual wind watch Omega would assume that whoever servicing their watches would understand how to lubricate a basic watch.

The first link I have below is there because I like to know what I'm looking. Then looking at rodabod's Response above we will notice all the watches in the same family. So perhaps they have a service guide for you and the answer is no. At one time they might I had the service guide but today it's parts lists only. Then even the parts lists are somewhat fragmented in that the base caliber will have all the parts. The movements that have additional features will have a parts list only covering the different parts for that particular watch. Then sometimes there will be a service manual for generic problems of specific families. But as far as a Intel Omega does not have at least anymore service bulletins for the watches.

But what Omega does have an it had them for a very long time is the supplemental stuff related to generic things like lubrication. Because obviously as they change their recommendations on lubrication they would want the people the field to know that. The second link their working instructions at least a few of them scroll down until you get the lubrication. Then when you looking at the Omega stuff you got off cousins notice how each corner is watermarked apparently Omega's paranoid over who's distributing their technical sheets. Which probably explains why anyone that has current access doesn't want to share because anyone is paranoid probably doesn't make people sharing.Although it could be worse as far as I can tell Rolex only provides their information now on line and supposedly it can't be copied. Rolex used even give out notebooks of generic information to the students in the schools that they sponsor and they don't do that anymore either at least there is some Omega stuff out there versus Rolex were anything currents were never going to see.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Omega_613

https://www.cousinsuk.com/document/search?SearchString=Working

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ll have to look on my external drive at work tomorrow. Maybe I have something as I’ve been collecting documentation for a long time and have learned to grab stuff even if “I’ll never need that”. 

No guarantees but the basic lubricant advice above seems sound. When these were new there wasn’t a lot of choices...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

Rolex used even give out notebooks of generic information to the students in the schools that they sponsor and they don't do that anymore either at least there is some Omega stuff out there versus Rolex were anything currents were never going to see

Considering the cost for a Rolex Service (like a car) I can understand that they want to protect the information and spare parts but it sucks being us then :-( but it seems counterproductive when you consider you can't even go into an AD and buy a Rolex even if you should have the cash ready. Seems to work for them though.

Thank you for pointing out the generic Omega service documents, I did not know about them.

5 hours ago, Tudor said:

Maybe I have something as I’ve been collecting documentation for a long time and have learned to grab stuff even if “I’ll never need that”.

Sound advice to grab anything you can for a rainy day. You never know when stuff comes up. Something I've learned (the hard way sometimes) during the years too.

I have the document for 550-565; also covers 750-752. Your caliber is not specifically listed, however I assume the "general information" would be accurate. Fairly recent so it should have the modern lubricants.

Nope. Just a parts list.

Omega 552.pdf

Edited by Tudor
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1