Sekonda-Raketa shock spring

Hello,

For context, I have just acquired a few old watches (mostly quartz but a few mechanical ones too) and have been going through and servicing them (none worked well).

Unfortunately, this was my first experience with shock springs and I have lost the upper balance spring. Has anyone got any idea what spring is used on the Raketa 2614.H movement?
I have looked at the Cousins list but I have no idea which ones I need. I have seen the Inca table:

tableau-synoptique.gif

for spare parts but I am still not entirely sure what I need.

Here is a picture of the movement:

20200618_125627.thumb.jpg.4352f21c929389a963fea386b6b1b651.jpg

Edited by Joseph111
Added image of watch movement

Thank you. I did notice that the shockspring looked slightly different to the incabloc type but I was hoping I was wrong.
I am ordering a set of springs for a Rotary watch I am repairing and I may try that (it is very close to the original).

I will have a look for donors in the mean time.

I looked at ranffts and that was how I knew it was a reketa. 

53 minutes ago, Joseph111 said:

Thank you. I did notice that the shockspring looked slightly different to the incabloc type but I was hoping I was wrong.
I am ordering a set of springs for a Rotary watch I am repairing and I may try that (it is very close to the original).

I will have a look for donors in the mean time.

I looked at ranffts and that was how I knew it was a                   

No no, any shock spring other than a right one, jumps out or fail otherwise in the event of shock.

On 6/18/2020 at 4:34 PM, Nucejoe said:

No no, any shock spring other than a right one, jumps out or fail otherwise in the event of shock.

Thank you for the warning although I didn't intend to use it as a permanent solution anyway.

Have you got any idea where I might get a new spring from or will I need to get a donor movement?

The Inca spring has pivots and flips up. The Raketa one just slides out sideways after releasing the two prongs.

I had to buy a donor to harvest this spring a few months back.

Anilv 

Have had a look at some parts, I'm wondering how many models use interchangeable parts.. Would one of these fit?

The spring looks to be 2.40mm long, the outer diameter of the complete shock assembly is about 3.25mm.

IMG_3688.JPG

Edited by JGrainger
addition
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the delayed response. I have just (over the last week) been finishing off a couple of watches after a break of a couple of months while I was working on other things.

Thank you very much for all of your help. In the end I bought a donor movement for the watch and replaced the jewel and shockspring. After a bit of regulating and experimenting with the tiny pieces of foil Reketa put under the balance bridge the watch now works within a few seconds per day.

• Like 1