Repair Michael Kors Mk3248 Watch

You have done exceedingly well to get to this point.

The broken part is the metal bit in the green plastic part. Pull it out of the plastic with either your tweeters or a small pair of pliers.

Now for the tricky bit! Once you have removed the part above, you are ready for re-assembly. Pay close attension to your photographs to ensure correct assembly and remember not to force anything. If you carefully reverse the procedure you have just done, you will be ready to fit a new stem. I must add that you may require the new stem to allow you to get correct alignment of the parts you have just removed.

If you take note of the make and model (calibre No.) of the movement, you should be able to purchase a new stem from https://www.cousinsuk.com/

Sounds awesome!! Thank you very much for your help. I'm pretty sure the re-assembly won't be an issue. If it will, I know where to ask... :-)

Again, thank you very much!

Hello again you need to be looking for a stem for a Hattori VD53B movemet

I would like to thank you as well. Thannnks!

£2.20 from Cousins - Shows as a Seiko Part - 0351 177

Cheers,

Vic

And thanks again. I'm trying to call some stores here in Sweden, to see if I can buy this part anywhere... If I can't, I'm sure I have to order it on Ebay or Amazon.

There may be a bit of stem shortening to do but you have the old stem for comparison and you will have to remove the crown from the old stem and put it on the new one but this is all mechanical stuff.

Well done

Cheers,

Vic

There may be a bit of stem shortening to do but you have the old stem for comparison and you will have to remove the crown from the old stem and put it on the new one but this is all mechanical stuff.

Well done

Cheers,

Vic

Yea, I know.. I have been calling 6 watch stores in my city now, none of them takes the calls.... Oh my god.

I guess I have to visit them one-by-one then.. But I found a webshop in the UK which delivers to Sweden... So that would be my last option.

Will update on how it goes :)

I disassembled the watch again, and re-assembled it right after.. Still nothing happends when I insert the battery.

Is there any chance I have killed the battery? There's no sound at all when I insert the battery (no ticking).

wyvDA0R.jpg

Edited by Robinjoeh

Not being particularly familiar with the working of quartz watches, I've heard that pulling the stem out to "set" position can switch the battery power to the movement off. Is that generally true? I have 3 quartz models - 2 solar and one battery - and they all hack when the stem is pulled out.

Don't worry, when you inset the new stem it should switch the watch on.

You're 100% right, once again...

Not being particularly familiar with the working of quartz watches, I've heard that pulling the stem out to "set" position can switch the battery power to the movement off. Is that generally true? I have 3 quartz models - 2 solar and one battery - and they all hack when the stem is pulled out.

Yea, this is confirmed. Everything seems to be fine right now, lets see what happends when the stem is delivered to me.

----

So, I was visiting a few watch stores, some were closed and some didn't provide any spare parts (they had, but didn't sell unless you gave them the watch so they can repair it on their own).

Is this the stem I'm looking for? Can anyone confirm?

http://www.gleaveandco.com/stem-seiko-351177-vd53-vx32-vx42-vx43.html

They ship to my country, so it will probably just take a few days to receive it.

Am I right?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey again.

I finally got the delivery today, with the new stem. I have inserted it to the watch, and selecting dates etc works good. However, there's a strange "click" sound when you change the time of the watch (only happends when you move the time forwards). Also, when the battery is inserted, the watch doesn't work. The stem is a bit too long, I have not cut it to the exact size yet, but I don't think that's the problem?

Check this video: (turn your volume to max to hear the click sound)

http://youtu.be/82pchf9x_V4

Edited by Robinjoeh

Can you see anything clicking/jumping when you turn the stem with the back of the watch open ? What does the movement feel like when you turn the crown : is it smooth or does it feel like something is catching ?

I have not tried to insert or move the stem when the cogs are visible. Should I try that? I have just tried to move it with the cog-cover in place.

Edited by Robinjoeh

Hi Robin, without having the watch close at hand it is very difficult to visualise what is happening and offer a solution. I hope some of the forum members may have worked on that calibre and be able to come up with detailed suggestions.

Hi Robin,

did you push the stem all the way in? With the stem out the watch is off. So, stem in all the way and battery in: if nothing else is broken it should work. Otherwise, swap the movement which I believe is about $10.

Hi Geo, we were posting at the same time! :) Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Edited by bobm12

• Similar Content