TIMEX/KELTON plastic bezel repair

1 hour ago, Hutchlee said:

Is that the actual replacement is as rare as hens teeth?

Is there a generic one I could put on? 

Also is it an m24 in that watch?

no one makes generic replacements. You have some options - 1) find another vintage Timex watch that has a bezel that can be switched. 2) find an NOS bezel.  Although this is very unlikely because with the recent interest in vintage Timex these have become sort after by an even large group than before. 3) 3-d print one. Some are looking into this but no one I  know of have competed making one.  Not an m24 instead it is an m25.  Also know that all Timex bezels are not alike. The task of finding replacement bezels is perhaps the single greatest challenge in collection vintage Timex. I have hunted them for 15 years!  Yep they are "rare as hens teeth" as they say in Texas.... But the first time I heard that was from a Scotsman living in Edinburgh.  :)      

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JerseyMo said:

"rare as hens teeth"

A little off topic, but in the egg chicks do have a little pointy projection on the end of their beak to help them break out of the shell. It falls off after the chick has hatched. I believe that it is referred to as an egg tooth, so "rare as hens teeth" is actually not very rare at all since every hen has had a tooth at one stage of its life. Yet the expression persists.....

I have as yet to encounter any actual rocking horse poo yet though :blink:

• Like 1

Yes, rocking horse pop is far more rare...

Does anyone have good drawings of these bezels? I think they could be machined from aluminum or Delrin. Mote expensive than a broken plastic one but what do NOS (fragile plastic) ones go for?

It may not be unreasonable...

• 2 months later...