HELP!!! haveing problems with an omega low amplitude

justin457

I have and omega that has been a thorn in my side for a while I have torn it apart and cleaned it in watch cleaning solution i have replaced the mainspring and oiled it before i put the pallet fork and balance wheel in it i gave the mainspring a few windes to check the freedom of the train and i watched the escape wheel and watched it spin forward for a few turns and on the last spin the escape wheel reversed telling me that the train is good and free so i thought no issues there so then i put a new pallet fork in it and put a tested it out by putting a few winds on the mainspring and moved the pallet fork back in forth and watch the escape will spin then i put balance wheel in oiled top and bottom balance jewel oiled the pallet fork jewels so then i wound up watch all the way put on timing machine the bet error is 0.5 and the highest the applitude  went is 204 so i am clueless now i have no idea what else i need to test out 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT !!!!!!!

Which model of Omega? Then I'm assuming that you lubricated the gear train also? Then how exactly did you lubricate the pallet fork jewels?   Is the amplitude bad in only one position or is it consistently bad in all positions like dial up or dial down and various crown positions? Then yes I know lots of questions new pallet fork?

Then pallet stones you don't mean the pivots I assume? Then everything else you did sounds fine. The lift angles 49° not that that's going to change very much. If this was an older American pocket watch I'd be suspicious of the pallet fork or an adjustment related but on modern watches it usually isn't a problem.

Visually how does it look on the timing machine?

I’ve mentioned this in another thread about the 500-series (and later) Omegas. They have fine pivots and the jewels must be scrupulously clean. Sometimes you may find that the amplitude increases over a day if it was not perfectly clean, since the fresh oil gets worked into the jewel surface. 

Obviously check the other usual suspects: correct braking grease? Suitable mainspring? Hairspring breathing nicely? Etc.