Replacement hairspring for an ETA 6497-1

The hairspring doesn't show up on the parts list but a balance complete does. Usually the only time you could buy hairsprings was with American pocket watches for instance where you had timing screws. On modern balances hairspring is considered part of the balance wheel comes as a package. The description of the balance wheel on the parts list is this "Timed balance regulated, with stud".

10 hours ago, Elandzberg said:

Hi,

I am made my own watch with an ETA 6497-1, but there is a problem with the hairspring. Where can I buy a replacement hairspring for the movement?

Supply houses don't supply individual hairsprings for specific calibers. You will either have to repair the damaged hairspring, purchase a complete balance or find a suitable hairspring on ebay. I have done this on a few occasions replacing the hairspring from a batch/s I have purchased over the years from ebay. 

Hi,
I am made my own watch with an ETA 6497-1, but there is a problem with the hairspring. Where can I buy a replacement hairspring for the movement?

http://www.britishprecisionsprings.co.uk/html/stock_spring_list.html

The above company manufacture hair springs and if there isn’t a standard one very close to the one you need they can manufacture custom springs. Expect long lead times I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Deggsie said:

The above company manufacture hair springs and if there isn’t a standard one very close to the one you need they can manufacture custom springs. Expect long lead times I’m afraid.

Lead times aside I doubt they can do a better price than £19.89  which a balance complete cost.

25 minutes ago, Deggsie said:

I have used this company a few times but be aware their delivery is very very slow. Also the majority of springs supplied are without a collet. Finally working out what spring you need to order from them is also very difficult indeed.

Lead times aside I doubt they can do a better price than £19.89  which a balance complete cost.

Standard springs are circa £6, custom spring(s) for rare movements will naturally be more. But it depends how desperately one needs the hairspring