How To Keep Parts Organized

Happy New Year. My first job of the new year is to add a stem extender to a watch. I had to buy three to get one and I am curious to see photos of how one should keep parts organized and more importantly how to easily determine if I have the "widget" or do I need to order one.

Thanks very much indeed

Todd

• 1 year later...

Hi. as a first timer this is how I do it. I keep the tops from milk cartons, wash them and use as in photo. Keep any screws with the part.

Incidentally, if I get the correct replacement quartz movement for this watch I will post details on the forum. Also, if you have a camera that is good at close-ups, take photos of everything as you disassemble it. Happy New Year to all contributors.

post-363-0-26194900-1421018483_thumb.jpg

Happy New Year. My first job of the new year is to add a stem extender to a watch. I had to buy three to get one and I am curious to see photos of how one should keep parts organized and more importantly how to easily determine if I have the "widget" or do I need to order one.

Thanks very much indeed

Todd

Sorry, I would be a bit too embarrassed to photograph my parts storage at the moment. It's really all over the place. But much of my stuff is in trays similar to these:

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/compartment-boxes-with-divides-slide-lid?code=B39605