Fossil Rescue

So I hesitated before posting this new topic since it is just to share a small repair experience. Not a big deal though and I have a little time to "chat".

In any case, a friend of mine brought me this Fossil watch ( I didn't take a before picture but below is the "during" picture and of course the final picture). Apparently the watch had been forgotten in a drawer somewhere: battery ran out, minute hand attached but moving loosely about and 3 tiny hour markers dancing inside. To make a story short, I took charge immediately applying first aid to the poor watch!

post-253-0-71053000-1406076120_thumb.jpg

The watch after first aid applied:

post-253-0-34204700-1406076170_thumb.jpg

And it live happily ever after... :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

Anil,

I inadvertantly ruined a rifle scope by trying to fix a continually loosening objective lens shroud with the smallest dab of CA glue, and it completely fogged the objective lens.

Probably within the confines of the small area the fumes collected in as it was on the outside and open to the surrounding air.

Thanks for the heads up relative to watch repair too!

Rossco

Thank you Anil, I actually used the tiniest drop from the smaller oiler on each. Then it is just fast work since they dry quick. If they dry before set, it is impossible to fit them in their respective places. So, there was no actual waiting time. By the time the job is done, everything is dry and ready! I love superglue!

• 2 months later...

The problem with u.v. glue -- which I love, btw -- is that light should get at it from somewhere so when we are dealing with opaque materials (light won't go through), the glue won't solidify (no light = no catalyst). And no, Geo, after cured the dark won't soften it!!! Nice try!!  :)

Therefore my decision -- for lack of another glue at hand -- to use superglue, the one always at hand at home (I almost tried Elmer's glue...NOT!  :)  ). Not a recommended glue and there are other glues out there that do the same and cleaner job. I used microscopic amounts of superglue, - requiring total control and a minute applicator, not even an oiler, -- because of the multiple effect it might have....in general.