Remove a Seiko Back

I have acquired a very nice Seiko which has just arrived.

It is Seiko No.7223-6000G and I have several questions if anyone can help me.

1. How do I remove the back. It just has for long slots and non of my tools have fittings to suit.

I bought it as just needing a new battery but I have fitted a brand new one but it doesn't run at all so I've attempted to find a replacement movement but there is no information available.

2. Are new movement out there.

3. The crown at 3.00 operates the time and date change ok but I can't find how to alter the day.

Is it possible to get technical details for this watch

This is an alarm and the crown at 2.00 sets it ok.

DSC_0090.JPG

1 minute ago, Alaskamick said:

Is this watch a basket case or do you think anything can be done with it.

Sometime quartz watches stop because of dried oil, and servicing the movement fixes them. No guarantee whatsoever that is your case also.

Did you fit the same brand of battery ?   I have sometimes found that if a different brand is fitted the dimensions can differ slightly especially the -ve to +ve edge of the battery.  This can be enough to cause the battery to be shorted as the -ve contact is in contact with both +ve and -ve parts of the battery.  This is easily overcome by fitting an insulating strip (any suitable material will do) over the end of the -ve contact by the edge of the battery.  Ensure you leave enough of the -ve contact exposed to contact the underside (-ve) of the battery.