Left Or Right? Seiko 6309

This screw on a Seiko 6309. For the date wheel . Is it left or right handed? It sits hard so i am afraid to strip the tread or brake the screw. If i turn the wrong direction. 

post-644-0-51253100-1457631728_thumb.jpg

Edited by rogart63

What do you gain from removing the wheel anyway? Being plastic it takes no lubrication.

If I remember correctly it is a regular screw. They are usually hard because of the plastic wheel they are into....but proceed with care!

Could have done that? But thanks to Bob i manage to remove it. Plick it said :) Just wanted to clean everything and make sure nothing is damaged.

• Like 1

Could have done that? But thanks to Bob i manage to remove it. Plick it said :) Just wanted to clean everything and make sure nothing is damaged.

That is a great intention until it happens that something which could have been left alone gets damaged this way.

It would be normal, the other way has more then a single slot something like 3 or 4.

Unfortunately this is not always the case OH, I've had a few lefties with single slot. These are usually in the winding mechanism where high torques are involved could possibly unwind the screw.

In this case being a date driving wheel that has little or no torque to talk of, I would suspect it will be a normal right hand thread.

It would be correct to remove the plastic gear in order to clean the mainplate properly. Basically anything which can be removed should be removed.

Plastic gears need no lubrication but how do you know if the previous guy didn't oil it? You also need to check the gears, not only the teeth but the 'hole' and the area it rubs on the mainplate.

Plastic gears should not be cleaned in cleaning solutions. Rodico will usually clean it right up.

Anil

• Like 1

It would be correct to remove the plastic gear in order to clean the mainplate properly. Basically anything which can be removed should be removed.

Plastic gears need no lubrication but how do you know if the previous guy didn't oil it? You also need to check the gears, not only the teeth but the 'hole' and the area it rubs on the mainplate.

Plastic gears should not be cleaned in cleaning solutions. Rodico will usually clean it right up.

Anil

A perfect answer.