Hello there

Hi everyone!

Happy to join the forum. I have been an avid reader of the 'New to watch repair' area in the forum and I really enjoy the mood of this community. Everyone seems to be so constructive and happy to help other people, it feels refreshing on the Internet.

Personally, I am, still deciding what hobby I'm picking a) watch repair or b) expensive tools collector. Jokes aside, I am going through the WatchFix course and I would like to focus on repairing vintage beautiful watches that I can find at flee markets in my city.

Have a great one!

S

Welcome to WRT.

I think at some point we all fantasize about scoring an antique Breguet original at a yard sale, fixing it up and selling it on the Antiques Road Show for half a bazillion. But, the alarm will eventually go off and we get up and fix watches. The latter is more fun, anyway. BTW, if the alarm doesn't go off, I know some people who fix them. 😉  🙂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Suomer said:

b) expensive tools collector

obviously you haven't looked at the price of watch repair tools lately have you? You might be able to do both hobbies at the exact same time. I'm sure we can find you some really expensive watch tools to buy.

44 minutes ago, eccentric59 said:

I think at some point we all fantasize about scoring an antique Breguet original at a yard sale, fixing it up and selling it on the Antiques Road Show for half a bazillion. But, the alarm will eventually go off and we get up and fix watches.

one of them minor problems here is? If you look at back in time this was not super likely but kind of lightly as watches had been put away and now they came out in the garage sales and people were picking up nice pocket watches for nothing. This a course is getting harder and harder to find because people recognize watches have potential being valuable. But you still here and talk to people who picked up really interesting nice things like a goodwill for instance. People clearing her house out didn't really care and it ended up there and somebody purchased it for practically nothing. So does occur it's just that there are few and far between and seem to be getting farther and far apart

but it never know until you start scouring every yard sale car boot sale whatever it can't be found unless somebody goes looking up but that is a lot of time spent looking. Versus having fun of fixing watches

2 hours ago, Suomer said:

I really enjoy the mood of this community. Everyone seems to be so constructive and happy to help other people, it feels refreshing on the Internet.

Hi and welcome, i feel there are  reasons for this,  1 we have excellent moderators to keep some order and 2. There are a good few regular lads here that all get on well together and all with great positive attitudes.  We all look out for each other, are considerate, encouraging  and banter with good humour and any newcomers are heartily welcomed and treated with the same respect. I have not experienced this kind of attitude anywhere else on the internet you will be well looked after so ask, look, read and learn from this wealth of knowledge,  enjoy the time you spend here 👊

• Like 1