Introduction

Hello all.

Now approaching my mid 30's I've had a sudden love for knitted jumpers and trying to spend my time off work doing something positive. I have decided on giving watch tinkering ago. I am afraid I am a fan of Armani watches and I now own 2 that are not ticking and another that works but has a broken crystal. I have gone through the past threads and there is some great information regarding Armani's and how to get started. They seem to be a pedantic time piece, but I'm hoping any snags that might happen have hopefully already been explained and solved in past conversations . But if I get swamped I'd be very appreciative of any advice anyone could spare me. Many thanks! 

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

Did you order Chinese tools, because if you did you are not the only one that is sent total crap. 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 5:07 PM, oldhippy said:

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

Did you order Chinese tools, because if you did you are not the only one that is sent total crap. 

I am afraid so. They sent out another set and let me keep the fork, which was very kind of them. But unsurprisingly the pry tools are far too thick to be used on watches without damaging them. I would be better of using the fork tbh. Oh well lesson learnt. 

• Haha 1

They got me again lads! Temu's finest. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and I'll just complain about it on a forum. I'm thinking good tools ain't cheap and cheap tools ain't good hah!

PXL_20240411_145257433.jpg

PXL_20240411_145246830.jpg

PXL_20240411_145237561.jpg

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Send the bloody things back. These are not expensive but they will get you started.

https://www.hswalsh.com/jewellery-tools-equipment/jewellers-bench-tools/jewellers-watchmakers-pliers/economy

Cheers Hipps! I've ordered myself a couple of long and short nosed plyers. I'll leave Temu for the Mrs birthday presents 😉

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.