My Introduction: Hello!

Hi everyone. I am looking to start on my first watch repair/service project soon. Have been watching video tutorials and am hoping to buy the tools of the trade in coming weeks and months. Got hold of a Molnjia 3602 pocket watch in a flea market near me and it seems like the natural first candidate. It isn't working so I am quite nervous. Let's see how it goes. 

Hello and welcome to the forum,  the only problem starting with a non runner is that when done if it still doesn’t run you won’t know whether it was a non starter from the beginning or whether you did somthing to it. Best to start with as runner that way you know if it’s dead when you finish it it’s you fault. Added a little reading to get you started.

TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf

• Like 1

10 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hello and welcome to the forum,  the only problem starting with a non runner is that when done if it still doesn’t run you won’t know whether it was a non starter from the beginning or whether you did somthing to it. Best to start with as runner that way you know if it’s dead when you finish it it’s you fault. Added a little reading to get you started.

TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf 4.2 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you so much for the reading and the insight. Frankly it never crossed my mind at all. Guess will have to do a rethink.