Cartier repair

hel

Hello lovely people

I have this watch, I can't find any info and I am yet to take the back off.

I know zilch about watches but got this at a second hand store.

It is beaten up.

What are the chances of it being real or will you tell me I am dreaming 😆

Would appreciate any info you are willing and able to give.

Thankyou

Helen

20231228_204047.jpg

20231228_203746.jpg

20231228_203738.jpg

20231228_203640.jpg

20231228_203845.jpg

20231228_203538.jpg

20231228_203554.jpg

12 hours ago, hel said:

Hello lovely people

I have this watch, I can't find any info and I am yet to take the back off.

I know zilch about watches but got this at a second hand store.

It is beaten up.

What are the chances of it being real or will you tell me I am dreaming 😆

Would appreciate any info you are willing and able to give.

Thankyou

Helen

20231228_204047.jpg

20231228_203746.jpg

20231228_203738.jpg

20231228_203640.jpg

20231228_203845.jpg

20231228_203538.jpg

20231228_203554.jpg

Its just wrong, all wrong. Even if it were right it would still be wrong. Time to wake up sorry, this would have probably been in a vermeil case if it were genuine.  The Cartier brand is well known to be have been extensively faked over the years . A peek inside may well reveal its Far Eastern origin .

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Its just wrong, all wrong. Even if it were right it would still be wrong. Time to wake up sorry, this would have probably been in a vermeil case if it were genuine.  The Cartier brand is well known to be have been extensively faked over the years . A peek inside may well reveal its Far Eastern origin .

Haha thankyou so much. I will attempt to look inside and maybe get a pic.

6 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I think fake. Even if not, it looks badly corroded and with the crown and stem missing, probably corroded inside.  Take the back off, let's have a look. 

So the back is proving very difficult to remove. Any tips?

Ok, I'm almost too embarrassed to post this pic 🤣

So after much struggling I got the back off to reveal this 😂😂

It says

Unadjusted

Myota Co

Japan

Thanks so much for the replies.

The band might clean up well 😆

Much appreciated 

20231229_110058.jpg

5 hours ago, hel said:

Ok, I'm almost too embarrassed to post this pic 🤣

So after much struggling I got the back off to reveal this 😂😂

It says

Unadjusted

Myota Co

Japan

Thanks so much for the replies.

The band might clean up well 😆

Much appreciated 

20231229_110058.jpg

Holy crud Batman, I'd say that battery is toast, i mean it actually looks like a piece of  burnt toast 🔥 or a muffin even, i would have to butter it first before i put it in the bin . I've seen worse inside a watch, i cant remember when or where I've seen worse but i probably have or maybe not. OH's suggestion to bin it is too good for it, i think i must make a watch crush for watches like this.  Keep looking Helen, one day it will happen, I'll try not to be so harsh next time, i applaud  your bravery to show us though, many dont even reply. 

• Haha 1

If it is a fake they faked a Must and not a Cartier😂?

You may have been innit just for the treasure hunting but If you like the idea of improving this tis true you could replace the movement without much expense and cleanup the case and band. The dial is in good shape…

I have no suggestions on the..bezel thing? What is that? Could that have been plated or painted at one time? Ugh…sorry, now I vote bin…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rehajm said:

If it is a fake they faked a Must and not a Cartier😂?

You may have been innit just for the treasure hunting but If you like the idea of improving this tis true you could replace the movement without much expense and cleanup the case and band. The dial is in good shape…

I have no suggestions on the..bezel thing? What is that? Could that have been plated or painted at one time? Ugh…sorry, now I vote bin…

Haha when you know you know and yes mate tis true you know 🤣 . Poor Helen all this jibe, we are sorry H we are quite naughty today please forgive us. 

• Haha 2

Far be it for me to discourage a little treasure hunting. Last year paid a couple hundred gbp for an auction lot for ‘costume jewelry’ and a couple watches, one clearly a Bell & Ross or Bell & Ross fake. The wife wanted the baubles so I paid more than I should…though those pearls in there do look real, don’t they? Well the pearls are real- 3k worth and I have a lovely Bell & Ross fake with a Chinese movement that puts the timekeeping on my iPhone to shame 🤪. Happy hunting…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi. A good dose of elbow grease and a new movement  approx £10. To £12  and you have a decent time piece  might not be the real thing but brought back to life, worth a bash in my opinion. Go for it.

Just the sense of achievement and lessons learnt can be more than worth it. I'm battling at the moment with an old cylinder esc. movement that is worthless. Trying to make a new plug for the cylinder or slowly but surely file in a new pivot on the old one. In the process I've learnt that turning a balance staff is a real skill but not beyond my ability. All lessons learn are worth the effort.

• Like 4

Thanks everyone for your input!

Quite the funny banter here 🤣 

I did consider a new movement and clean up attempt but it had an inlay around the face that was broken so alas it has gone to watch heaven.

Appreciate all the responses from the actual watch worthy 👌 😁

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hel said:

Thanks everyone for your input!

Quite the funny banter here 🤣 

I did consider a new movement and clean up attempt but it had an inlay around the face that was broken so alas it has gone to watch heaven.

Appreciate all the responses from the actual watch worthy 👌 😁

That big find is just around the corner H , just keep believing.