eezeeaz123

Hi to all my Horology fans. I'm a 76 yr old salty dog retired/disabled U.S. Marine combat Veteran (2 tours to that paradise known as "The Nam"). I started my collecting disease at the very ripe age of 14. I had a fascination with taking an old beater watch, bringing it back to life and giving it as much of a face-lift as I could with my limited resources and knowledge. My "disease" grew to include coins, banknotes, postcards, and military items. I retired 20 years ago with my Filipina wife to the Philippines and dragged a very large collection of "you name its" with me. It only grew here, until I started trying to downsize around 13 years ago on fleabay. I now feel the urgency growing by the day to dispose of as much as I possibly can before I take "The Long Dirt Nap" (I'm Sicilian). My lovely wife is 20 yrs my junior, yet has NO desire to have all this responsibility left to her when she has ZERO knowledge of any of it and in fact, doesn't even know how to turn a computer on! So there is my dilemma. Several thousand coins, banknotes and postcards as well as around 400 watches and around 200 movements (what I mainly sell on fleabay). There it is. My life in a nutshell. SEMPER FI!

• Like 1

Welcome. That sounds like quite a collection. You are among folks with the same…affliction. I see some interesting watches for sale at auction from where you are from time to time…

I’m near Beaufort- perhaps you’ve been through this way at one time? Do  you have a watch you may have picked up at a BX/PX? I suspect that’s how a lot of guys get the horology bug…

Edited by rehajm

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2023 at 3:36 PM, eezeeaz123 said:

Hi to all my Horology fans. I'm a 76 yr old salty dog retired/disabled U.S. Marine combat Veteran (2 tours to that paradise known as "The Nam"). I started my collecting disease at the very ripe age of 14. I had a fascination with taking an old beater watch, bringing it back to life and giving it as much of a face-lift as I could with my limited resources and knowledge. My "disease" grew to include coins, banknotes, postcards, and military items. I retired 20 years ago with my Filipina wife to the Philippines and dragged a very large collection of "you name its" with me. It only grew here, until I started trying to downsize around 13 years ago on fleabay. I now feel the urgency growing by the day to dispose of as much as I possibly can before I take "The Long Dirt Nap" (I'm Sicilian). My lovely wife is 20 yrs my junior, yet has NO desire to have all this responsibility left to her when she has ZERO knowledge of any of it and in fact, doesn't even know how to turn a computer on! So there is my dilemma. Several thousand coins, banknotes and postcards as well as around 400 watches and around 200 movements (what I mainly sell on fleabay). There it is. My life in a nutshell. SEMPER FI!

Hi, Sir!  Are you still based in the Philippines.  Hopefully we can have coffee one of these days, share experiences in watch repair, and see your collection of watches.  happy holidays!