Replace Seiko 7t32 movement

Hi there! Im an avid collector of Seiko watches. I have a couple of Seiko 7t32-models in my possession. All in various state. I was wondering all 7t32-movements fit all model cases within its family of the 7t32:s? I've noticed that there are two calibers namned 7t32a and 7t32b. Will either fit? My aim is to remove the dail from the non-working movement and put it on a working one. To be clear, im keeping all parts of the watch except the movement that needs to be changed.

/Sincerely Klatu from Sweden

Hi Klatu, 

I believe that the a and b variant will work with different dials. 

The only issue I had was the circuit boards are slightly different and won't swap between a and b movements. I'm guessing there will be other slight variants, but I believe the dials will swap. 

3 hours ago, Melt said:

Hi Klatu, 

I believe that the a and b variant will work with different dials. 

The only issue I had was the circuit boards are slightly different and won't swap between a and b movements. I'm guessing there will be other slight variants, but I believe the dials will swap. 

Thank you so much for the reply. 

Hi I had a look at the T32b some time ago and found out that the Epsom Y182b  as used in Yema, Lorus are a direct swap and you only need to change the top plate as it shows. Epsom. Not Seiko. But be prepared to pay high prices ones I saw were over £100 as the T32b is obsolete there are no spares out there unless you are lucky.  I managed to get a working Lorus Y182b in my collection some time ago.  

• 4 months later...

The 7T32B comes in two versions with different hand heights. The only difference is the three wheels for the hands: center, hour, chrono seconds.

I don't think the 7T32A movement spacer will fit a 7T32B.  Different cases have different plastic spacers that fit onto the movement.  Normally you would need to use the original spacer when swapping movements.  But that might not work in an A to B swap.

The 7T32A is pretty rare, I think 1988-1989 only before the B version replaced it for the next decade.