Grand Seiko fake or genuine?

20 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Been shopping for a Grand Seiko, I hear there are fakes out there, as I always do , just asked the seller to send me the tic ticking sound of this one, they usually don't. How else can one tell a genuine one? 

Heres the link to the item.

https://esam.ir/item/25725989

TIA

No. 3 hour marker is missing. The bracelet looks naff for something like a Grand Seiko, i thought the clasp looked crap and the GS  logo unless its been really polished out. I really wouldnt know but something feels off. 

Screenshot_20230612-161410_eBay.jpg

Edited by Neverenoughwatches
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks peeps.       

Hey what do you say I am learning neverenough's Brand of English. 

I see you guys eyes see better than mine, convinced me thats a fake for sure.

Back to my search for a cheap Grand Seiko.

Rgds

3 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Grand Seiko

Good timing for your question I was looking for something related to grand Seiko is and the website below those looking at is really good.

When you had the word grand to Seiko you're supposed to have a very nice looking watch. I'm not looking at the band itself I'm looking at the watch and the dial doesn't really looked as grand as I would like to have a look. But there's also a really big giveaway here which model is this exactly and where's the case back number who would sell a Seiko without showing you the case back?

https://www.theseikoguy.com/grand-seiko-vintage/

27 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

You never know with Seiko where somebody might not grasp what the word grand means and your Seiko might be cheap perhaps unfortunately the price of Seiko's have gone up. It seems he a lot of people that want to collect those.

Then if you achieve there are alternatives perhaps. Lots of other Seiko watches that may be art grand but still are quite interesting like at the link below.  Which probably explains why a recently acquired one of these.

http://www.beyondthedial.com/post/collector-guide-the-seiko-crown-special-an-alternative-to-vintage-grand-seiko/

• Thanks 1

Well...this post caught me off guard "Grand Seiko?"  Sorry I am stuck in a Wittnauer C11KAS...lol.

So, I went off to discover what is a Grand Seiko.  Interesting...Spring Drive...fine finishing...big $$$$

Well, I must have been sleeping or playing with Mickey Mouse watches.  Didn't notice.

LOL.  Rolex, Omega, Grand Seiko, Seiko Presage...they would look nice on my arm, but my JD Tractor does not care.  I showed up late to this party I guess.

Cool watches for sure...don't get me wrong 😄

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LittleWatchShop said:

a Grand Seiko.  Interesting...Spring Drive...fine finishing..

I have a Spring drive , relaxing to watch the  sweep hand glide but the piece itself is a heavy son of a gun you feel like you carrying an army rifle, later models are somewhat less heavy, but all are  made of high quality material. Service expenses are high as you ought send them in to Seiko authorized service centers where owner is charged an arm and four legs. Don't get me wrong please, thats how I fee like !    four legged , everytime the bill is too high dollars. 

King Seiko normally cost you less and some are officially certified chronometer which truely comply to COSC standards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Thanks peeps.       

I see you guys eyes see better than mine, convinced me thats a fake for sure.

Rgds

Please don't, @Neverenoughwatchesspeaking his brand of English is bad enough.  Hehe. 

Edited by RichardHarris123

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Thanks peeps.       

Haha, stick around Joe i will teach you everything i know.  Wouldn't you know it I'm even a poet 😄

2 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Please don't, @Neverenoughwatchesspeaking his brand of English is bad enough.  Hehe. 

Oy tricky Dicky,  I resemble that remark 🙂

• Haha 1

Just for interest, GS bracelets have a reputation for being pretty crap quality wise compared to the watch head. For such expensive watches you would expect milled clasps but they seem to favour pressed clasps for some obscure reason. The three things I would be looking at are the dial, the movement and the case finishing. Their dials tend to be very high end and the cases are black polished (zaratsu). Even the non spring drive movements are different to what you expect to see from Seiko, much better quality looking and better finishing. Some of the lower end movements have been found in some king seiko’s. 

Tom