Recent Acquisitions...accutron & Tissot..

Hi All , The postman delivered this Accutron 2180 today . In good condition and running smooth . The dial fades from dark blue to light blue . I installed a new Bulova strap I had and will install a new crystal soon . The date on the back says N3 , which translates to 1973 .

post-808-0-07953600-1438235820_thumb.jpg

post-808-0-68406800-1438235840_thumb.jpg

post-808-0-66094900-1438235857_thumb.jpg

Also on Craigslist here on Oahu , Hawaii I picked up this Tissot Visodate Heritage for an offer under $200 . I had been looking at them on the "Bay" , and at the local Auth. Dealer .  I'm Stoked...

post-808-0-86948200-1438236042_thumb.jpg

post-808-0-06586100-1438236068_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I think you will find that the Tissot uses an ETA 2824-2 movement which means that supply of spare parts could very soon dry up with the imminent Swatch group embargo. Bulova Accutron parts have not been made for decades though so your best bet there would be donor movements unless you can find someone who still has stocks.

Thanks for the Info Marc...The Tissot has a presentation case back , but I haven't taken the  time to look at it yet . I'm looking forward to doing that now .

I have been gathering a few 218 Accutron movements with dials described as not running , humming , and parts or repair . I want to see if I can get some

running or at least have spare parts .

I don't know how you guys find these gems ... I'm forever lookin and come up dry :(

My best deals have been at local auctions selling general house junk. Most times it works out about if 1/3 cost of eBay, and that includes the auction house fees.