Automatic, Cal. TH60 (ETA 2897 + Dubois Depraz). 46 jewels. 45h. power reserve. 28800 A/h.

Hello again,i introduce my self last week and i am looking to find as much information as possible into servicing  my old TAG Heuer Aquagraph Chronograph CN211A.

maybe some of you passionate can help me and give me usefull information like schematic ,where to find parts...really anything usefull is welcome here.

best regards

20230214_121852   bb.jpg

Edited by xam7

I  concur with @nickelsilverhave you worked on many watches, as this is one of the only movements I stay away from, as the chronograph module is like a Chinese puzzle.

I'm not saying it can't be serviced, I'm saying, you really have to be on the top of your game to service this by all accounts.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 1:14 PM, Nucejoe said:

Considering the complications on your watch, you best have it cleaned by a competent repairer AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,

to slow the rate of damage by the moisture, remove the back plate, uncase the movement and give it two to three ONE SECOND  dip in lighter fluid, blow dry with  a hairdryer each time.

Good luck.

I too did concur with the above.  🤠

You should have the watch cleaned AS SOON AS possible. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, xam7 said:

usefull information like schematic ,where to find parts

One of the problems that affects everyone in watch repair is companies who don't like independent watch makers. This means that there will be almost no technical information and even if you can find something well there will be no parts available. Then yes this really does affect everybody in watch repair. Which is why a lot of shops will not touch certain watches because they're going to be a nightmare.

Then to give you a clue of what you're getting into I found an older tech sheet it's the only tech sheet I can find. Then notice in this particular case several different movements one chronograph module. You get the schematic of this chronograph no guarantee that yours is the same. There's a parts list except of course there's no parts available.

Then I see are missing the crown and of course that's a tag crown which means that well to be honest I have no idea where you going to find one of those. I doubt their generic crowd is going to fit And it definitely won't look right.

TAGHeuer_Tag Heuer 185-283.pdf

• Like 1

Water wont brake parts, but causes rust therefor "damage"  the extent of which depends on how long  has your watch been exposed to water.?  so  getting rid of the water AS SOON AS POSSIBLE  is most crucial.

Showing us a close up image of the movement is helpful, even better  giving the movement quick dip in lighter fluid is likely to unfreez dried ruined lubricants/ gears/ arbours,....etc  letting  the movement  getty up and run, in which case let it run until fully unwound. 

• Like 1

Looks alright, a good clean and lube is likely to be all it needs.

Debois depraz makes the ebauche and complications , so finding parts to the Chrono complications is back to ebay or a donor,  but I doubt it would need any parts.

Taking picture at each stage of disassembly is your schematic.

Last warning, find a master watch maker to save your watch.

Rgds

Edited by Nucejoe
  • Like 2

as you can see salt water did damage and there's a screw missing...i never heard any funny noise coming from inside and i can't find it after i open it... did they forget to instal  that screw at TAG 

20230222_110836.jpg

20230222_110831.jpg

20230222_110825.jpg

20230222_110858.jpg

20230222_110844.jpg

Edited by xam7

now that i have it in my hand i can see how hard it would be to service it...but again it's so fun and relaxing to work on this...i just need help 

now every time i just pick it up it start moving again...love it it's so beautifull

31 minutes ago, xam7 said:

ionic cleaner

Just to be clear do you mean ultrasonic cleaner or do you mean ionic cleaner? Because they're different and no you would not put it in an ionic cleaner. Most people use or ionic cleaners for removing tarnish for which it works really really well. But in general I almost never clean watch parts in it except occasionally to make some watch plates look bright and shiny without actually having to polish them. Then if you met ultrasonic cleaner and assume you have the proper fluids? Plus the watch needs to be entirely disassembled and then carefully reassembled lubricated I would probably try to take lots of pictures just in case.

• Like 1

I agree with the other members - this is not for beginners. I did a service on a similar watch once and it was quite tricky. But if you want to take the risk, here are two links of comparable watches:

https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/files?showfile=Omega/Omega 1140.pdf&filename=Omega 1140.pdf&dir=Technical Manuals&action=documents

• Like 1

it's so beautifull what you doing on that breitling i'm just gonna sit back and sip a beer watching it,

yes i do mean  an  ionic cleaner but someone else told me to hold  on that...not a good thing to do.

i apreciate everyone here helping out it's so much apreciated if you have some inside as how to get the watch out of it's casing please let me know.

and now i'm gonna sit back and watch you video

thank you very much

29 minutes ago, xam7 said:

now that i have it in my hand i can see how hard it would be to service it...but again it's so fun and relaxing to work on this...i just need help 

now every time i just pick it up it start moving again...love it it's so beautifull

Just so we have a little clarification here. As you are beginning to notice it's maybe complicated perhaps do you care if this watch gets destroyed? If the answer is no you do not care then everybody in the group will be eager and happy to help you. Then if you say yes, you do care about the watch everyone is currently recommending that this isn't the watch to start servicing But maybe there's a compromise? Normally we recommend purchasing a Chinese clone of a 6497 preferably who love them. This way you have one to work with and one for spare parts because the Chinese clones don't actually have spare parts. So if you still want to work on this and you do care about the watch I would purchase another watch that way you'll have spare parts. Because otherwise I don't know how you purchase any spare parts for this thing.

8 minutes ago, xam7 said:

yes i do mean  an  ionic cleaner but someone else told me to hold  on that...not a good thing to do.

Then yes the ionic cleaner is definitely not for cleaning assembled or even to certain degree unassembled watches. It usually has a water-based solution in fact I think it always has a water-based solution and its uses electricity to remove tarnish. So it's not actually meant to remove grease or all oil or any of the things normally found in a watch that needs to be cleaned. Then even if you did clean it you would still have to put whatever in alcohol we get all the water off and you would end up with messy lubrication and basically you have to Taken apart and clean it anyway so definitely not for cleaning the movement.

it's very thoughtfull thanks 

i do mind loosing it by doing something rash and stupid and that's why i'm here.

i ask question and if i get help i go ahead and carefully take picture then i  try to do it but again if i feel uncomfortable then i stop and regroup,it doesn't matter how much time it take to get to the next step.

i got many other watches but this one as something special to me and is the most expensive watch i have ever bought.

i have not use it for about 5 year's and if i screw it i will be ok as long as i don't  screw it doing something stupid

thank you for taking some of your time helping a stranger

kind regards

Edited by xam7

1 hour ago, xam7 said:

i got the steem out thanks to Nucejoe help

Glad you decided not keep this  behind the stage, you,ll receive good  advice and help now.

This community is full of members keen to help. It was just that we hate to see your beautiful watch get damaged.

I am sure the concensus  still is to  enjoy  practicing on cheap movements and trust this piece in  experienced hands.

Regards

Joe

Edited by Nucejoe
  • Like 1