How To Remove Lanco Rotor....

Hi , I just received this vintage Lanco Club 77 automatic watch ,...I believe it is a Tissot sub-brand .  I seems to have a sliding latch above the rotor bearing and I slid and removed the latch but the rotor did not just come off and I didn't want to force the issue , so I replaced the latch but now the rotor doesn't turn as smoothly as it did before I fiddled with it .

Can anyone please give me some Info on this type of rotor attachment ? 

Thanks , I appreciate any Help ......Louis

post-808-0-02747000-1435292019_thumb.png

post-808-0-04774000-1435292041_thumb.png

You slide the shim in the centre so that the stud comes out the larger hole, thus in turn allows the removal of the oscillating weight.

Ignore me, I didn't read when you typed, my bad.

Edited by SSTEEL

You did right not to force it off..

It needs to come off level otherwise it gets jammed. Best way is to stick a lump of rodico on the center of the rotor and try to pull stright up/off.

You can also try turning the watch face up and tapping the sides of the case gently.

Anil

Also check with a loup to make sure that someone hasn't burred the circular groove in the arbour trying to remove it in the past, as it wouldn't take much to prevent it sliding off freely.

You push the thin clip that is holding the oscillating weight, be careful not to bend the clip as this can cause the weight to flop about and rub the inside of the case back the you will have all sorts of problems. Tissot movements are easy to work on and have very simple calendar works.

Thanks for all the info ....I guess it must be stuck in a groove in the arbor as Geo suggested . 

By the way ro63rto , I have a few Slava watches...interesting that they have 2 mainsprings .  I watched a Youtube video that showed a dismantling of a Slava rotor...pretty straight forward .

Mahalo , Louis

Progress update.....The good news is I was able to remove the rotor , clean and lubricate it , and now it seems to be turning properly . I cleaned and lubed a few other parts and jewels with out doing a full teardown at this time .

I buffed out some tiny scratches on the case and gave it a light polish . As you can see in the pic , I painted the second hand because the old blue color was peeling off...I used red paint because that's what I had . I also cleaned the inside part of the dial as it had what looked like small water spots . I used a q-tip and fine oil first than quickly cleaned that off with warm diluted dish soap and a clear water rinse . I blew the water off immediately and put the dial under a light bulb to dry out any moisture .

The bad news is that when I pressed the double dome glass crystal in , all was well until I rotated the case to make sure the crystal was seated properly...and the crystal shattered on the second pass . I hate that little sound and the feeling when I take a peek .

I've now ordered another DD crystal from Jules Borel and also an acrylic crystal with a tension ring  so that Maybe I will install that so the plastic L-gasket doesn't show .

In the meantime I've installed an old armored crystal [ with a small crack } into the gasket and secured it with 4 dots of G-S Hypo cement until the new crystals arrive....I can do a complete tear  down at that time also .

post-808-0-61918700-1435454542_thumb.jpg 

You've had your tribulations with this one Louis, but when finished it's going to be a good looking watch, especially with the red hand and new crystal fitted. :)

Why was the rotor so difficult to remove?

You've had your tribulations with this one Louis, but when finished it's going to be a good looking watch, especially with the red hand and new crystal fitted. :)

Why was the rotor so difficult to remove?

Howzit Geo... I think that if I had given the rotor a slight wiggle motion to lift it off of the post it would have come off . I saw a Youtube video with a Slava watch that had a similar setup , and that's how they did it . I know now that when I tried to reinstall the rotor the first time , that the gears attached to the bottom of the rotor are on a little base with a "V" notch that has to slip over a post on the rotor bridge that I missed . That's why the rotor did not turn smoothly....it had a slight tilt .

That V notch can be sen in  member ro63rto's pic in the above post .

As for tribulations..... I sanded the second hand and placed it on a piece of Rodico , on a cardboard to paint it . I set the cardboard on my Lanai railing in the Sun to dry . When I went to check it later , the wind had blown the cardboard off of the railing and I found the Rodico about 3 feet away but no second hand . 

I searched my Lanai and went downstairs to search in the grass.....no second hand .  After about 20 minutes I started to look in the pots of my nearby plants and saw it...red side down ...in a plant .  I guess now I can sleep tonite .

Thanks for the info regarding the rotor, it may help others down the line.

You certainly have gad your issues, I'm surprised that you found your second hand, especially with it lying sunny side down.

Well done another happy watch. Is the glass a tension ring one?

Aloha ,....No , the Glass is a double dome  mineral glass held in with an "L" shape plastic or nylon gasket . You can kind of see it in the pics . The tension ring crystal [armored]  is acrylic,  that won't need a gasket . I have had a good customer experience with Jules Borel and their customer service dept. .

Their prices and  shipping are very reasonable and selection  is good .

I'm surprised I found the second hand too . It flew off in the opposite direction of the rodico .

So far it actually has kept good time with a decent power reserve and looks nice on the wrist....the dial cleaned up good .