Hello from the gloomy North West UK

Hello everyone, I'm Lee and I currently reside in Lancashire, UK. I wouldn't describe myself as a watch collector, not in the traditional sense of having shiny expensive ones, but my significant other would disagree given the number I have. These are mainly practical watches, G-Shock, diver watches, with a couple of dressy ones thrown in. 

I do have a few mechanical watches and have had other people service them but have recently become interested in watch making and repair. With retirement getting frighteningly close I'll need something to occupy my time so I don't have to take up bowls or talk to the wife. I'll be signing up to some courses, most probably Mark's course and maybe after that the BHI, and have bought a couple of beaters to start working on.  

I've been lurking around this forum for a couple of weeks now and enjoy both the banter and the practical approach to the hobby - i.e., you don't have to spend a fortune on the very best of everything in order to do this. I particularly admire some of my fellow Northerners approach to thriftiness and, as I've already contributed to the turnover of Cousins, any way of keeping expenses down is welcome.

I have one project under way and another one on the way so, unfortunately, expect a lot of questions in the coming months.

Hello and welcome to the forum and a hobby that can empty pockets quite quickly if not controlled. there are plenty of money saving tips to be had but dont skimp on tweezers and screwdrivers buy the best you can afford, french drivers are good as are F*F and Horotec,  Dumont tweezers.  I use some Vetus tweezers as well and they are not half bad.

1612608791_ToolsfortheHobbyist (2) (1).pdf TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf

• Like 1