Hello! New guy who has a vintage collection of watches and like to DIY repairs but know when to go to the pros.

Seafood

29 minutes ago, Seafood said:

My Dad and I were collecting for years and after his passing I lost interest.  I am now getting back into it and have some gems that work great and many others that need help.  I appreciate any and all help.

Welcome seafood. Post up some photos of your collection please. Thank 😊 

4 hours ago, Seafood said:

My Dad and I were collecting for years and after his passing I lost interest.  I am now getting back into it and have some gems that work great and many others that need help.  I appreciate any and all help.

indefinitely pictures of your collection.

then as these watches have a sentimental value don't work on them right away. Contrary to the YouTube videos of how easy watch repair is anyone on this group that's honest will tell you that well things happen initially mysteriously pivots falloff and they don't really want to glue back on again things break basically. So you start was something disposable isomethingyou don't care about just to get your hand eye coordination in shape.

Welcome @Seafood!

If you have never opened a watch to do anything, I'd suggest letting the Patek Phillipes and Breguets alone until you have some additional experience.

As John says above, let us see your collection divided into runners and those you say need attention. You could post those over in this forum: https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/forum/2-your-watch-collection/