Jump to content

Omega's new advertising campaign


Recommended Posts

I was reading a print magazine and came across a stunning image that made me think of this thread on WATCH ART to which I commented earlier today. This doesn't rightly belong there but it seems to be "watch art" just the same. Apparently Omega has a new campaign entitled: "LOOKS MAGICAL. WORKS BEAUTIFULLY." Maybe they're hoping to capitalize on the Omega + Swatch series of watches? Anyway, I thought I'd post this image for their Speedmaster Moonwatch which shows dials and wheels and a spaceman constructed from polished complication levers and diamonds floating in space. There are variations of this one too that can be found online.

omega.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, grsnovi said:

I was reading a print magazine and came across a stunning image that made me think of this thread on WATCH ART to which I commented earlier today. This doesn't rightly belong there but it seems to be "watch art" just the same. Apparently Omega has a new campaign entitled: "LOOKS MAGICAL. WORKS BEAUTIFULLY." Maybe they're hoping to capitalize on the Omega + Swatch series of watches? Anyway, I thought I'd post this image for their Speedmaster Moonwatch which shows dials and wheels and a spaceman constructed from polished complication levers and diamonds floating in space. There are variations of this one too that can be found online.

omega.jpg

Hi Gary. Clever Swatch ūüė†. I would have liked a Swatch moonwatch,¬† but I will never put money in their pockets after what they have and are doing to the watch industry. Down right greed in IMHO. On a lighter note, have your supplies¬† turned up yet ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Hi Gary. Clever Swatch ūüė†. I would have liked a Swatch moonwatch,¬† but I will never put money in their pockets after what they have and are doing to the watch industry. Down right greed in IMHO. On a lighter note, have your supplies¬† turned up yet ?

What do you mean? Omega is probably the most fair about selling parts if that's what you're referring to- also most fair on pricing if you send it in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, nickelsilver said:

Ah sorry, thought you meant Omega (which is part of the group, but will sell parts if you meet their requirements).

That's ok Nicklesilver, no need to apologise. I was basing my opinion on the things I have read on this forum and on a letter I received from Cousins supplier's  here in England. Watches arnt my industry, I'm only an enthusiast. But its an industry thats in my country that is going to suffer at the hands of Swatch by the sound of it. The UK has lost big industries over the years, I get a little bit het  up about this sort of thing then I start ranting lol. Does that mean that Omega are not behold to Swatch's policies ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

Ah sorry, thought you meant Omega (which is part of the group, but will sell parts if you meet their requirements).

The requirements are very high, they have been posted already. I suppose who has meet them can carry an "authorized service center" badge, which should attract much business.. In my opinion, that's somehow separated from a common definition of "independent watchmaker".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jdm said:

The requirements are very high, they have been posted already. I suppose who has meet them can carry an "authorized service center" badge, which should attract much business.. In my opinion, that's somehow separated from a common definition of "independent watchmaker".

Thank you for the explanation jdm. It does mean that independents may suffer then or force all of them to meet requirements if they want to carry on. Some won't be willing to. Any idea what those might be or the costs of meeting them ? Just point me in the right direction of finding them if that's ok. It's been happening in all aspects of the construction  industry in the UK for years.

Edited by Neverenoughwatches
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...