Eta 2836-2 repair and issue

Hello all,

i hope you are well!

Can somebody help?  an ETA 2836-2 for repair , The issue = balance spring, found a balance complete, replace it, now it's working  perfectly only when the watch is face down, face up have a sound like balance is rubbing something, how can I determine where is rubbing? face down is +- 3 sec /day  face up  - 546 sec /day?

The balance spring is perfect .

Thank you 

Tibi V sr

image.png

One common error is using the wrong screw for the pallet fork bridge. The correct screw has a very flat head to clear the hairspring. Using a wrong screw will cause the arm of the balance to hit the screw head.

The pallet bridge screw not being fully tightened will also have the same affect.

rgds

Anil

• Like 4

7 hours ago, anilv said:

One common error is using the wrong screw for the pallet fork bridge. The correct screw has a very flat head to clear the hairspring. Using a wrong screw will cause the arm of the balance to hit the screw head.

The pallet bridge screw not being fully tightened will also have the same affect.

rgds

Anil

Thank you for idea, but it's not the case here , when it's with face up will be bigger distance from the pallet fork bridge 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mikepilk said:

How much balance endshake is there?

If it's too much the balance could touch the centre wheel or balance cock, or, the roller could be rubbing on the pallet forks.

The first one has the same endshake with the second one!

On 4/6/2022 at 12:07 AM, TibiV said:

how can I determine where is rubbing? face down is +- 3 sec /day  face up  - 546 sec /day?

A side view of the oscilator when running with focus on the coil , balance wheel ,  roller table, underside of the cock , whereever can possibly rub.

Do you have the amplitude and beat error? could this be rebanking your hearing. 

Loose regulator and stud arm can also make a sound.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

A side view of the oscilator when running with focus on the coil , balance wheel ,  roller table, underside of the cock , whereever can possibly rub.

Do you have the amplitude and beat error? could this be rebanking your hearing. 

Loose regulator and stud arm can also make a sound.

47 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

I can hear it with my ear , on tester it's s horror , amplitude is low 165 ,  -546 s/day beat error is almost ok 0,5 when face down, +-3 sec/day , amplitude 230 and beat error 0,2 it's an   nerve killer! I'm thinking to paint the balance to see scratches

Often a close up video shows what naked eye usualy miss. 

Often oscilator will ( eventually) come to a stop if the balance rubs.

The  amplitude isn't high enough to cause rebank. 

Adjusted end shake  keeps the balance in about the same hight in DD and DU positions, Mike asked and commented about the end shake, we still have don't know  the amount of end shakes.

Regs

Hello, 

End shake is about 0,2 - 0,3  it's normal, it's not stops the balance, I left in the face up pos to see if will be same scratches, for 24 hours, to see where it rubs . Under microscope nothing. 

So I will have to make video and to see it in slow motion! good idea!

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

On slow motion video I saw that the balance had a slight vertical motion and was knocking on the balance cock and my supplier send me a replacement and now it' s working perfectly!

So thank you all for the ideas and best regards

Tibi V sr