Intro, new member in the US

pinehilljoe

I've always had an interest in watches.  I own a few higher end pieces. 

A Rolex Thunderbird, which I purchased in 1985, keeps perfect time, but has stopped autowinding.  The local watch maker suggested waiting until it stops running, then send it off to Rolex, the price will be the same.  I'm still debating to spend the $750 to $850 to have it refurbished.

A Pre-Moon Omega Speedmaster, keeps perfect time.  Was purchased in the UK, then passed on to me.

Universal Genève from the 50's, runs and keeps time.

SARB 033 bought before the prices got stupid.   These their time in the bank safety box. 

Hamilton Khaki, and too many Seiko 5s.  

Weekend beater is a Seiko Titanium quartz watch, I can wear it in the garden, or garage and it won't scratch.

Now I am attempting to get into the watch making or refurbishment.  I can change batteries and crystals, but would like to dive deeper.  

Current project is a Seiko 7009A purchased non-running, I am taking it apart and putting it back together.  Next I'm thinking of purchase a lower cost Seiko 5 in running condition, disassemble it, clean and reassemble, and see it still runs. 

Edited by pinehilljoe

• 1 month later...