Hi all!!

I've lurked here and elsewhere for a while.  Decided to join up here because i like the "climate" of this forum.  I was an auto tech for many years prior to movimg into mgmnt.  As a result i have bad cervical as well as lumbar spine issues.  But I still love to work on mechanical things.  Given my love of watches, this see.ed to fit the bill! Ive been at it for about 9 months now.  Have amassed a pretty good set of tools, parts, etc.....  I'm actually starting to have some sucess now....  I've done some pocket-watches, wristwatches...

Just here to learn, share, and have fun!

John W

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

Sorry to hear about your problems. Make sure you have good posture. I ended up with  spondylosis in my neck which finished me off. 

Welcome to the forum John.

I currently sit in a normal desk chair lowered as far as it goes, actually the lift cylinder has bugged out and the chair is always low, but it is at a perfect height to the desk in the study where I have set up, but I am going to look at one of those ergonomic kneeling chairs and a taller bench to suit. I had one of those chairs when I worked in Western Australia and I loved it.

Many thanks to all for the warm welcome!!!  Obviously in the grand scheme of things i'm still basically a "rank beginner".

Old Hippy, sorry to hear of the Spondylosis!!  I'm currently fused from C4 to T1..... So i feel for anyone who has back/neck issues!!

I do appreciate the input regarding chairs, etc.... But i think i may have that sorted out; time will telll).

John