ritz7

So it all started trying to figure out what battery to use and how to change it on my Swiss Army watch. After that I figured I might as well check out the drawer full of watches I have accumulated over the last 50 years or so. Turned out to be a little more than replacing batteries. Well, that's all it took to hook me. After spending a few bucks on tools (what I told my wife anyway) I have repaired 17 of the 21 watches I found in the box. From mechanical to quartz. I've managed to replace a couple of mainsprings on some old Elgin Pocket watches, some Crystals and Gaskets, disassemble and clean and replaced a couple of movements that were FUBAR. I have even developed an amazing amount of patients having to disassemble the same watch 4 times because of a mistake made during reassembly. Turns out I love this hobby. Every day I learn something new and every day I'm just amazed at how accurate and intricate the older watches were. Currently working on a Movado Triple date Moon Phase Quartz watch. Yep, I have a few questions (a few dozen) and am hoping I can find some answers here. They might sound pretty dumb to some of you guys so please bare with me if I put my foot in my mouth. I really appreciate being allowed in this forum and hope somewhere down the road I can pay it forward. Thanks