Raymond weil

gaspurge

Hi Depending on your location,  Cousins UK,  HS Walsh, Gleave and co ,,  USA  Jules Borel,   Esslingers .  

Picture of the movement would be a help as a lot of watches use either Miyota, Epson, Hattori and other movements  so a picture of the "faulty" movement would be great.     thanks

32 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Depending on your location,  Cousins UK,  HS Walsh, Gleave and co ,,  USA  Jules Borel,   Esslingers .  

Picture of the movement would be a help as a lot of watches use either Miyota, Epson, Hattori and other movements  so a picture of the "faulty" movement would be great.     thanks

Ps i live in solihull Birmingham 

well it's an ETA looks like 955.xxx I can't see what the numbers are properly.

Cousins have the 955.412 which includes a 2 hands date at 6 variant (Cousins stock code 955412NSM6) for £28.95 +vat.

It might be worth checking the calibre number on the back of your movement and comparing dimensions.

I would suggest to give it a quick electromagnetic impulse before buying anything. Either a "line free" device and demagnetizer works fine for the purpose, plus any other small electromagnet. More information at:

Thank you all for replies the Raymond Weil watch movement is a 955 122 two hands calendar at six oclock621396DD-B7EF-43D0-B124-7B884AE75D0E.thumb.jpeg.f3cf3523542a0d8da4bf495aa52e7e62.jpeg since I’m new to watch repairs and don’t have that many tools as yet it might be better just to replace movement then attempt to repair original all depending if i can replace movement.

C93AF322-DE50-45EA-99D5-E8310EECC29C.jpeg

9 minutes ago, gaspurge said:

don’t have that many tools as yet it might be better just to replace movement then attempt to repair original all depending if i can replace movement.

Have you replaced hands and dials before? That require decent tools and some practice, otherwise it's easy to do damage. If you don't then practice on zero value watches first or give it to a watch repair shop. Note also that ad device able to spin hands cost less than 10 gbp.

Hi As you have forun out the name on the watch is just the finishers name and numbers. The actual maker in this case is ETA with the caliber number 955.xx that is why we request pictures with the question it makes the members lives that bit easier knowing what they are looking at. As advised you will need some tools to effect a repair on this watch and others if you are to continue repairing watches. To that end I have attached some documents you may find worth reading including the tech sheet for the 955.122.    Movement replacement is quite straight forward whith the correct tools.  Tip.  dont bin the old movement as it is a source of spares, and you may at some time want to fix it .

7555_ETA 955.122.pdf 1612608791_ToolsfortheHobbyist (2) (1).pdf TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf Witschi Training Course.pdf

2 hours ago, gaspurge said:

Ive seen on amazon a 4 in 1 tool for about £29.00 pound

That is the "proper" line release box, it may have additional functions, I think it's a bit overpriced for what it is. So I wrote "device" to mean that also a cheap demagnetizer would work.