11 Anacd interchangeability

Does anyone know replacement parts for a 11anac movement. The Bulova part number is 574. It is a date driving wheel that I need. I have looked everywhere and am unable to find one. Is it the same in another movement maybe. Help would be appreciated   I have looked on eBay,cousins and a exhausted google search  

thanks

50 minutes ago, Franktimex said:

I just went to the website it said it’s discontinued

According to the link below Your watch was made roughly between 1969 and 1976. Which is roughly 45 years ago which means basically all the parts have been discontinued as Bulova would no longer be manufacturing any of those parts. But that doesn't mean the parts aren't out there somewhere. The only thing disturbing from looking at the part up is that it doesn't appear to cross reference to anything else. But they probably made a lot of these so the parts are out there yes have to go and find them.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Bulova_11ANACD

14 minutes ago, Franktimex said:

I don’t want to have to spend 100 dollars for a 7 dollar part. But I guess this is the major pitfall of this trade and hobby

Perhaps you can find a donor movement and that would give you a lot of parts either for later use or for sale.

• Like 1

Oh yeah they are out there. They can be a gamble though. You know could be faulty or missing from a already scavenged movement.  However my main question is does anyone out there know what movements can you interchange with this date wheel surely there must be someone who knows. 

Just now, Franktimex said:

However my main question is does anyone out there know what movements can you interchange with this date wheel surely there must be someone who knows. 

I thought we answered this question?

Here's a popular place to look and it's free

http://cgi.julesborel.com/

The new find your watch you end up here

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=BUL_11ANACD

Then you click on your part number

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=Yc^DiiotUIfZgio

Which tells you you're screwed there is no cross reference

Discontinued and no cross reference. The problem is how popular was this part?

Then one of the moderators did this to somebody asking a question so I will torture you with the same answer have fun reading.  Then set up a search on eBay sooner or later almost everything shows up on eBay it might take a while. I remember were I will work as a watch that just needed a stem it took almost a year to get all the components for a variety of interesting reasons. The parts are out there just takes a while to find them or have them show up on eBay you feel lucky. If it's a part that broke a lot

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/14621-parts-availability/#comment-168106

2 minutes ago, Franktimex said:

Is 11 Anacb and 11anacd interchangeably they are in the same family does anyone this

Then following the procedure above it looks like the answer is no

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=Yc^DiiotUIfZgim

There is still a minor possibility that it does cross reference to something probably Bulova problem is we need a Bulova cross reference book I wonder if such a thing existed? This is the problem and watch repair is that not all the technical documentation filtered out of the factory. There just isn't a cross reference for every single watch your data Booker sheets a technical guide. It's the challenge of watch repair finding parts

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Franktimex said:

There is a interchagibility book

The only minor problem with the cross reference book the reference material and everything else is it has a publishing date. There is always a tiny possibility something manufactured after the date might interchange. But there's also the likelihood that it interchange is with nothing.

It's one of the mysteries and watch repair other than engineers like to keep their job and apparently they keep their job if they keep designing innovative new things. So the mystery is why are there so many variations of watches. Although typically spare parts servicing and repair was not on the mind of the manufacturer at the time they were manufacturing which unfortunately contributes to the problem.

This ebay seller lists parts for an 11ANAC and also lists a #576 Date Indicator. However, the 11ANAC didn't have a Date Indicator so it is likely from the 11ANACB or 11ANACD. Perhaps message the seller and see if he can provide more info. EDIT: The seller has the dial from the movement listed as well, and I have the same watch. The movement in that watch is an 11ANACB.

Also, you might try here.

There are some Bulova interchange guides here.

Edited by GuyMontag
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Revision: On part number 574 for the Anacd there is no day changing finger. But on The 11 anacb there is. However, because of that extra finger it was causing the date to change twice. Once at 12 and again at 10:30 am as there is no dial spacer on the ANACD this was causing the extra changing of the date.  So using a .5 mm flathead I broke off the small tab that changes the day. This seems to have fixed the problem. So can you use a 574 anacb on a 574 anacd yes you can if you break off the day changing tab. 
thanks for all your help. 

• Like 1